2.

It didn't take long for everyone to get used to Percy's constant change of hair color. 

Some days it would be black, blue, red, purple- well, a little bit of everything. It seems as though no one spared a second glance after the initial shock passed. 

But of course, that didn't apply to Nico. 

No sir, not him. Sure, he would be the one to help Percy dye his hair every time but damn, he could never get tired of looking at his best friend. 

Today, the chosen color was tinted grey. 

It gave him an angelic frame, making his eyes stand out. 

It suited him. 

But of course, Nico thought that.

Everything would always look good on Percy through Nico's eyes.

No matter what. 

~~~

"Neeks?" A hand waved in front of his face. "You good there?" 

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. Just thinking." 

"You seem to be doing a lot that lately," chuckled the green-eyed boy. 

"And you seem to be noticing things a lot lately," shot back the Italian in a jokingly manner as he kept walking. 

Percy huffed and crossed his arms with a small pout. "Just because I'm dumb doesn't mean I'm stupid y'know." 

"I know, drama queen. Now c'mon, we're gonna be late and your mom is making my favorite." 

Percy's pout only grew deeper, ignoring Nico as he stayed rooted to where he stood. "Say you're sorry and I'll think about it."

Maybe it was Nico's imagination, but he saw something different swimming in Percy's eyes. 

'No, don't be ridiculous,' he thought to himself. 'You're imagining things.' 

He dismissed his thoughts and grabbed Percy's hands, making the taller boy look at him. 

"I'm sorry, ok? I was joking 'bout you not seeing things around you." 

To anyone else, maybe- just maybe- it could have seemed like a romantic gesture. 

But then again, who in their right minds would. 

That was Percy Jackson they were talking about. 

Percy Jackson- the popular, and Nico di Angelo- the outcast. Sure, everyone knew they were friends despite their social rankings but then you'd have to see the obvious. 

They were boys

And boys don't like boys. 

Their fights- if you could even call it that- never lasted long. They would always cave in to the guilt of upsetting the other. 

"Hmm, y'know what? I think I forgive you. But only because I'm hungry too." 

AN// Lmao sorry for going a bit sad on you guys at the end

to whoever reads this, I promise I'll try to make it better.