AUTUMN: Early Days

Pretend to not have the patience,
Pretending there is enough time for waiting,
Remembering when we kept it a basic,
I wanna go back so that I could taste it
What do I care for?
you were not there anymore
I was not careful,
That is all your fault,
You let me fall
-Jhene Aiko x My Mine

*FLASH FORWARD*

"I've tried everything Ibz I really have, I do anything and everything for you. I cut off people for you, I love you with every inch of me and you're just still... urgh…"
"Still what, still not fucking good enough for you Mali?" 
"No. It's not that… we just don't make sense, we never have".

*PRESENT DAY*

The next day I woke up and laid in Chanel's bed replaying memories from last night over and over again. Meeting him had only confirmed my instant infatuation and it was weird because I knew we didn't match, we were an unlikely couple but we clicked and I liked something about him.

"Are you annoyed with me?" Chanel asked as she rolled over and looked at me. I groaned inwardly and sighed outwardly, if I didn't smile 24/7 Chanel was bound to think there was something wrong between us and it was so annoying. 
"No I'm not, why would I be?" I scrunched my face up in confusion and tried my best not to roll my eyes. 
"I just thought you were cos you wanted to go to that gathering thing yesterday..."
"Chanel it's cool, I need to get home anyway" over the whole conversation I got out of bed and went to have a shower. 

On the way home he consumed my mind. Meeting him had somehow made me feel a connection, I don't know it was weird. I'm pretty big on vibes and his one was just such a positive easy going one with a hint of mystery. 

I got home and no one was in. I took this opportunity to blast music and get on with my chores. Mid-hoovering session I flipped open my MacBook and went on Facebook and sent him a message.
Maliya
Hiiiiii, what was the name of that song you was talking bout yesterday? 

Ibrahim
Yo, Joe Budden-Skeletons. Did u get home safe yh? 

Maliya
Yeah, fine thanks. How was ur gathering thing? X 

Ibrahim 
Yh yh it was calm thanks babe x

Maliya
Gooooood! X 

Thinking that was the end of that I went back to cleaning up and stuff. The little Facebook noise came back so I went to have a look and it was him.

Ibrahim
Cnt believe you called me clapped still :( 

I actually laughed out loud at this, it wasn't even that funny but something about him just made me feel so warm and fuzzy so we went back and forth a bit. I tried my best to keep the convo flowing and he was easy enough to have a chat with.

Ibrahim 
You got FaceTime? 

Maliya 
Yeah maliyaxox@hotmail.co.uk. Holla at me

Ibrahim 
Lol what is it with you girls and 'xoxo' everyting man. Yhyhh ok I'll get at you in a bit babe 

Maliya 
Cooooool x 

I decided to leave at that and not keep forcing anything anymore, if he wanted to speak he would chat to me. Plus I wasn't sure when my mum was coming home and the house was only half clean. 

3 weeks later and I was in bed watching Mickey Mouse with my little cousin and creasing. He messaged me asking if I wanted to FaceTime and I said ok then immediately groaning as i caught sight of myself in my front camera as he called. Id just got out of the bath meaning, No makeup, my hair was wet and in a towel turban and i was in just an old MJ t Shirt. 
"Omg ew I look so bad I should've put some make up on" I commented giggling as he laughed at the horrified expression on my face.
"Nah you look fine. Why you stressing?" 
"True. It's only you so i don't really care" I bluffed laughing at his mock hurt expression. 
"You look lighter though still." He commented as he studied me through the screen.
"Really?"
"Yeah. When I saw you at the party you looked darker. You been bleaching?" 
I burst out laughing at his ridiculous statement and eventually noticed he was taking the piss. 
"Obviously not. I dunno I did just come back from holiday when I saw you so that's probably why."
"Oh good." 
I had text Nadine before he facetimed me to ring in ten mins so if it got awkward I could have an excuse to go but it was actually ok. Before I knew it 20 minutes had gone by, then 30 then an hour. He shared a similar sense of humour with me that was quite sarcastic and he definitely didn't hold back when asking any questions or anything.

"Ur phone is bare popping off look at you Mrs popular" he commented as my phone kept making that annoying what's app notification noise. These times it was only my girlfriends on the what's app group chat I laughed it off anyway. 
"Not even. I'm not you Mr. Ladies man" I teased 
"Nah not even you know"
"Don't lie. I've heard all about you and your player ways" I half joked as I watched his face turn serious. 
"Nah like obviously in the past I ran around a lot init but I'm not like that any more. I'm grown now, I've changed. Gonna be 19 soon big man." He laughed lightning the mood 
"You're bare old, I'm only 17"
"Shut up about old you're only what... A year and a bit younger than me." 
"Whatever you old man I'll get you a Zimmer frame for your bday then yeah?" He fully started laughing. 
"You're actual funny you know. So who have you dealt with that I would know?" He asked bluntly mid conversation. Surprised I laughed nervously but answered in an honest way. 
"No one probably actually. I only have one ex and he lives quite far away now so..." I trailed off awkwardly. Even though I'm so bubbly and friendly I'm a very private person so I find it really difficult to open up to people straight away. 
"Oh swear so what you saying you're a good girl then yeah?" 
"Obviously. Just look at me can't you see my halo glowing?" And just like that we were back to having a laugh and I loved it. 
"Well I gotta go now b. I'm gonna go holla someone so just text me init." 
"I ain't got your number" I laughed puzzled at what he'd said. 
"Oh yeah. Ok just inbox me yours on Facebook. Take care babe."
"You too. Laters!" I smiled as I pressed end call and I couldn't help but cheese for the next 10 mins. I kept Mentally going over the conversation and over analysing bullshit that didn't even matter. There was honestly just something about him that was so attractive and he was so far from my usual 'type' even though I swore up and down I didn't have one. 
My phone rang and looking down I saw it was Nadine no doubt about to grill the fuck out of me. I answered gingerly and held the phone at arms length as she screeched down it. "Oh my dayyyyyys Mal what the fuck happened?" And I relayed the conversation back to her as she listened intently, not interrupting me for once. "He likes you" she said as I went silent indicating I'd finished my story. "No he doesn't" I responded automatically. "Maliya, yeah he really does. I know him and he likes you, I can tell already. He's a nice boy Mali just be careful because you know..." She trailed off uneasily obviously not wanting to hurt my feelings. "Yeah no of course" I forced a laugh even though my stomach was knotting up. "Nothing's gonna come if it anyway. We won't get together or anything stupid like that." I faked an excuse got off the phone and lay in bed in a state of confusion.

A/N: really not happy with this so sorry for the boring chapter but like I've said before this is all real so some of bits aren't as exciting as the others. Thanks for reading xo