19.

"Alright. Thank you Joe. I owe you one." I overheard Mr. Wilson as he put the phone back on the charger and headed towards me and Devonté.
"Everything alright Pops?"
"Yes son. But I need to talk to Isaiah for a second unless he doesn't mind."
I looked at my Bestfriend and smiled.
"Sure Mr. Wilson, he can stay right here. What's going on?" 
"With that bitch Beatrice literally knocking my door off its hinges and causing a uncalled for scene along with trying to physically hurt you again, you don't have to go back there."
A wave of relief flushed over my body as I thought he was going to come in here and tell me the exact opposite.
Mr. Wilson smiled at me, knowing I was happy to hear it as he was to say it.
"They said I couldn't adopt you myself due to the fact that you still have family here."
I do???
"I- I- I have family here?" I stuttered on the words trying to escape my lips so fast.
He put his hands on my back in hopes to comfort me.
"I'm so sorry for all of this Isaiah, I can't nearly imagine what you went through in that house. But I promise you those days are over."
I smiled at him as a tear streamed down my cheek.
"The process will take up to about a week for them to set up a time and stuff like that so I'll definitely keep you posted." He said as he stood up and started to walk upstairs.
When he was fully gone and up the stairs, I nudged my Bestfriend again.
"Did you hear what your dad just said?" I asked with so much excitement in my voice.
"Yes, I'm so happy for you Isaiah. You've been through so much, and somebody as sweet and genuine like you should never have went through that." Devonté said hugging me.
"Now let's go get some ice cream."
still wasn't used to that.