Chapter 23

~Time Skip to September 18th~

Hermione's P.O.V
I wake up full of energy, today is the day before my birthday and I'm ecstatic. I take a shower and get changed and open the bedroom door quite loudly.

"Bloody hell!" I hear Draco yell, right after I hear a thump.

I look down and see Draco on the floor glaring at me. "What the hell was that!? Why are you so happy?" He asks.

"Well it's a special day tomorrow." I say.

"And that is?" He says, looking at me questionably.

My demeanor drops. "Y-you don't know?" I say sadly.

"No?" He says, more of a question then a statement.

"Nevermind, it wasn't important anyway." I say, dismissing the conversation.

"I'm gonna go to breakfast see you there." I say, walking towards the door and leaving.

Draco's P.O.V
"What's so important? What's going to happen tomorrow?" I thought, asking all these questions but not getting answers.

I get up and change. "Who knows her the best? Potter? Yes but don't want to talk to him. Weaselette is probably my best bet." I thought.

I get out of the dorm and go to knock on the dorm next to us but I don't wanna maybe accidentally have Potter open the door so I go off to breakfast.
********************
~Time Skip~

I sit next to Blaise. "Hey, do you know why it's a 'special day' tomorrow?" I ask him even if I doubt he knows.

"Not that I know of, why?" He asks me.

"Hermione was super happy this morning and when she asked if I knew I didn't and she just got super sad." I said to him.

"Well did you think of asking Potter or anyone else from the golden trio?" He asks me.

"Yeah, but not from the trio, Weasel hates me and Potter just.. no, I'm gonna ask Weaselette when she's not with Potter." I say to him.

"Yeah, alright. Tell me when you find out. Well class is starting soon, c'mon." He says getting up and grabbing my arm pulling me.

"Alright, you don't have to pull so hard." I say, pulling my arm away from him and following after.

********************
~Time Skip because this isn't important to the story~

I walk out of the classroom and see fiery red hair walk by. I turn my head to see if was the one red head I was looking for and sure enough, Weselette was walking by with her friends. I quickly walk over and tap on her solder. She turns around. "What is it Malfoy?" She says, looking annoyed.

"I need to speak to you... alone." I say, gesturing to her friends. 

"Ugh, fine." She says, quickly saying bye to her friends. 

I pull her aside. "Do you know why it's going to be a 'special day' tomorrow?" I ask desperately.

"Yeah? It's pretty important if you ask me." She says, looking at me weirdly.

"What is it?!" I say, yelling loudly. Some passerbys looking at me if i was crazy.

She wipes her face as if i got spit on her. "It's Hermione's birthday, duh." She says, nonchalately.

My eyes widen. "YOU COULDN'T HAVE TOLD ME YHIS BEFORE?!" I say, panic clearly rising in my voice.

She smacks my arm. "Could you quiet down. You never asked, I assumed you knew already." She says, blankly.

"Help me." I say seriously.

"What?" She asked confused.

"Help me find a gift for Hermione." I say, begging her.

"Fuc- fine. I'll help you." She says dismissively.

"Really? Great let's go. Right now." I say grabbing her wrist.

"Malfoy we have class. We can't right now." She says pulling her wrist away from me.

"We already get good enough grades, we'll be fine. Let's just go to hogsmede quickly." I say grabbing her wrist and pulling her towards the secret way to hogsmede.

"UGH! Fine. But if we get caught it's your head Malfoy." She says taking her wrist away.

"Also Malfoy I can walk on my own without being pulled thank you very much." She says.

"Lead the way." She says waving her hand.

I smile at her, she gives an awkward smile and just points to go walking.

"Right." I say walking in the direction of the secret tunnel.

********************
To be continued...

********************
Hello there readers, I hope you're enjoying the story. Sorry I don't post in a regular fashion. I've been busy with dumb summer school, it's almost over though thank goodness 😋!

~Your Wonderful  Writer, Namjoonie_ya ♡3♡~