Chapter 17

Hermione's P.O.V
I sit down in my table, I glance over at Malfoy and he seems to be reading a letter. I don't think much of it and return to eating my breakfast.

After a couple of minutes and I glance up again to see Malfoy looking slightly pale, we lock eyes for a second and I can catch a flicker of worry in his eyes before he averts eye contact and looks down.

"I will have to ask him about this later." I mentally note. I grab my bag from beside me and head to DADA.

********************
~Time Skip~
********************
Draco's P.O.V
I reread the letter my Father has sent me, I can tell I probably look pale. I glance up at Granger to see her staring at me, we lock eyes for a second before I break eye contact and look down.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see students packing up their stuff and heading for class. I decide to follow them and gather my things and head to my first class.

********************
I walk down the corridor to find a couple of students already waiting outside the charms classroom.

I see some of my fellow Slytherins and make my way over to them.

"Malfoy." Gregory greets with a tip of his head, everyone else follows pursue. We wait outside the classroom with light chatter until I feel arms wrap around me.

"Ohh great, here we go.." I thought.

"G'morning Dray." Pansy says, her voice muffled.

With a roll of my eyes I try to shake her off but she doesn't budge.

"Ohh c'mon Dray, I know you'd rather have me than that filthy mudblood." She says, playing with my hair.

At this I lose it, with a hard shove I shake Pansy off of me then turn around to look at here.

She's hunched over slightly from the impact from me pushing her, her breath slightly raged and her eyes wide.

Without a second thought I look at her.

"How dare you speak about my future wife like that, she is not a mudblood, you should think twice before you speak." I say, giving her a hard glare. "Go run back to your future husband, Weasel."

After I say that, we can see Professor Flitwick standing, taping his wand against his podium to get the other students attention.

I give one final glare towards Pansy and walk over to the other side of class to sit next to Blaise.
********************
~Time Skip~

Once Flitwick dismissed us, I quickly get up and pack my stuff and run out.

I hid in a abandoned classroom, hiding right behind the door, hearing Pansy's voice. "Dray!?" I hear Pansy's voice yell across the halls of Hogwarts.

I cringe, sliding down the door to sit down on the floor. I sigh closing my eyes. "Hello Malfoy." I hear a voice say casually.

I flinch, opening my eyes and looking towards the area of where the voice was coming from.

I see... Granger, a book in hand, reading casually. "Granger!? What are you doing here?!" I say, my voice filled with surprise.

"Well, the library is crowded today and I wanted to study, so I decided to come to an abandoned classroom." She says shrugging, not looking up from her book.

"What are you doing here?" She says, looking up from her book.

"Uh.. well, I'm hiding from Pansy." I say sheepishly, rubbing my hand behind my neck.

Granger gives me a look saying 'Really?'

"Alright then. Is this a free period for you?" She asks, looking back at the book in her hand.

"Um... yeah it is." I say, feeling like it's getting a bit awkward.

Then a question popped into my head. "Hey Granger." I say, trying to get her attention.

She hums in response.

"Can I ask you a question that is a bit personal?" I ask.

"Mhm." She hums again.

"What happened to your parents? They didnt send you a letter so I'm just wondering." I ask.

Granger tenses.

********************
To be continued...

********************
Hello my beautiful readers, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Also yeah Pansy and Ron are together (who would've thought) I foreshadowed this outcome in chapter 2 so you know. Also sorry I haven't updated in a while I completely forgot I had a story. Well, bye!

~Your Wonderful Writer, Namjoonie_ya ♡3♡~