Chapter 38: I'm Yours

Start from the beginning

     "One of them. But let's just say I love orange. Like a sunset orange. The kind you see across the beautiful oceans of a lovely horizon." I blinked, looking up at him.

I rested my chin on his chest and I felt his hands massage my shoulder blades and my feet rubbed down to his. And his warmth set fire onto my skin. I honestly didn't need anyone or anything else. I just love Christopher so much that nobody else can make me ten times happier as he has. Who can I love more? Who can I want better on this earth?

Christopher.

It's gonna be him no matter what I do or what I try. He's stole my heart the moment I first laid eyes on him. And he is like this who is an angel. And he is the guy I love. And I know April and Gina were important girls to him. But maybe I'm the one for him. And he's the one for me. And I'm not untouchable.

So our lives are blessings and meant to be shared with. I guess we are definitely meant to be. Why wouldn't we be?

"I guess we have these colors that make us attract to them." He said, massaging his fingers to my scalp that felt very good.

I stared over at the clock on my nightstand knowing it's like getting closer to eight. And I hate sleeping in. I stare at him and I just see his eyes looking into mine. It's like he has caught me and doesn't want me falling. Even though I felt like I was.

"Emma, your so beautiful." He muttered.

"Do you love me? Real or not? Like once you go off to college you'll leave me. And forget me. You'll find this other girl who is way hotter than me and before I know it...I'll stay stuck in high school feeling melodramatic. But in love with nobody but you...and then I'll end up-"

"-Emma...Emma...Emma..." he cut me off. "Listen." He had me stare at him that I knew I wouldn't hear the end. "Stop worrying. 'Cause we talked about this. That's not gonna happen. I couldn't love anyone else. I'm right now crazy about you. The only thing that made me happy this morning is to see your face."

His words calmed me down.

"Do you still love April?" I asked, feeling the integrity inside me that came along with curiosity and then jealousy that was burning in my chest that I could burst into flames.

"Are we seriously going back to this? How many times do I have to tell you that April and I are over? It's like shut. That door is closed. I'm completely done with her. You are my future. Not April." He made it believable and perfectly clear.

"You can't tell me you haven't thought about her?" I spat, sitting back up in the bed.

"To be honest..." he trailed. "No, I have not. 'Cause I don't want to. That relationship was bullshit. My friends even said it." He looked down with an ashamed look.

I know I'm being ridiculous. But I have reasons 'cause after he used me like a yo-yo I have doubts if he does want me or not. Or if he wants April still. Maybe I'm thinking ahead and trying to be realistic. Christopher hasn't understood how it all felt when he tossed me aside for April. And how he hurt me by saying April could give him a future and not me. I hate everything about April. I know their not dating and he hasn't brought April's name up that much in months since they been over which is thanks to me. But in a poorly bad way. But that blonde bitch got what she deserves.

"So your friends are love experts? And they tell you who is right for you and who isn't? Are you that lame?" I scoffed in disbelief, nearly laughing.

I got up from my bed and went over to my dresser to look at myself in the mirror but then I started to bite my nail 'cause I wasn't sure what to do. I was frustrated right now. He sat on my bed in his own frustration, running his hands through his hair bending his head forward, looking stressed. I rolled my eyes at him and I began to peace back and forth in the room.