chapter 4

I looked in my closet with frustration. What was I suppose to wear? I knew one thing. I was going out with my boots on. I grabbed my American flag cowboy boots. I looked harder though my closet. I smiled at a red country dress that would look good with my boots. I grabbed the dress and slipped it on. The dress went just above my knees. With a lacy train that stopped just a little bit below my knees. Giving this dress a new kind of movement. I walked into the bathroom to check my reflection. I grabbed my flat iron. I pulled my hair back in one big braid. Then I took my flat iron down against my braid. In a minute I took out my braid. As I combed my fingers though my now wavy hair. I looked in my reflection. I hated dresses. Bad idea I thought.

"Nope" I said to myself. I started to walk back to my closet. I grabbed a pair of my favorite blue jeans. Both of my knees were blown out on the jeans. I smiled as those tight jeans slid over my butt. Then I grabbed a my show belt and then grabbed a black shirt. The shirt had a low cut. Just low enough to drive some guy crazy but still high enough that it showed no cleavage games out. I looked in the mirror. My wavy dirty blond hair fell past my shoulders. My neck held a horseshoe heart necklace as my legs seemed Skinner in these jeans. I heard a knock on the front door. I raced down my stairs and quickly checked in a spoon on the table. Looking good I thought. I reached for the door handle. I opened the door to be greeted by a dark blue eyed man. Smiles crossed both of our faces.

"Ready?" he asked

"Where we going?" I asked as I shut the door behind us.

"You ell just have to wait and see." I rolled eyes.

As he pulled out of my drive he spoke up.

"You look might pretty Eliza" I turned and saw him looking at me.

"Thanks. Hope were ever we go isn't formal"

"It's not like you to be formal" he said. I looked up at him in confusion. Last time I checked we had only met each other four days ago.

He didn't correct himself though. We rode the rest of the way in silence. He pulled his Ford truck into a parking place. Darkness had fallen on the town. I checked my phone 7 pm. What was an hour drive from my place? I was quickly pulled out of my daydream as I felt Newt's presents by me.

"Ready?" he asked. I nodded.

We walked along the trails shoulder to shoulder. The trails seemed pretty darn familiar. As we reached the end of the darkened trails I saw a glistening lake. I sucked in a sharp breath. It was Dummans lake. The last place I had a date with Jim. Newt touched my arm. I looked over at him.

"What's the matter?" he asked concerned all of a sudden.

"It's the last place I saw the man I loved" I said as I looked at the moonlit lake.

"I know I heard. So I wanted to bring you here to talk to you"

His voice kinda scared me. I was worried about what he had to say. Hell I was always scared when some one told me that they had to talk to me. I looked over at him. He sat down on the ground near the lake. He turned to face me. His eyes showed pain as they looked at me.

"Let me start by saying that I'm.....

little town loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें