Lola heaved out a weary sigh and clasped my hands.

"Do you think that he is that stupid to remain in Brazil after all the crimes he committed?"

I stood up and began pacing the floor. My hand ran through my blond hair for the umpteenth time. I was feeling very helpless. The whole situation was driving me insane. I didn't know what to believe in anymore.

" l don't know Lolita. I am confused."

"Don't let him come between the two of you. Claudius is a good guy."

I cast her a small, nervous smile.

"I won't," l said more to myself.

There was no way in hell l was going to allow that bastard to ruin everything for me. He had already taken enough from me.

Lola's face suddenly brightened. A mischievous glint entered her eyes. I inwardly groaned.

Not again!

" So tell me. How was your date with Mr handsome guy. I am dying to know all the details. Did you guys kiss already? "

I threw a pillow at her but she ducked it laughing.

"You are a pain in the ass, know that?," l chuckled.

Lola stuck out her tongue at me.

"But you love me anyway," she chuckled.

I roll my eyes at her.

"Go ask Claudius. After all , you two are friends."

"You are no fun , Jane," she pouted.

"I know."

"My boss asked me out on a date," she told me.

My mouth hanged open in disbelief. Lola burst out laughing at my reaction. She threw a pillow at me.

" Stop making that face pliz," she chuckled.

" Are you kidding me?  I am clearly shocked to hear that the mighty , handsome Daniel King asked you out on a date," l exclaimed.

The smile on her face faded.

"I know he is way out of my league but l can't help it," she answered gloomily.

"Aww how romantic," l pouted.

Her lips turned up again and she threw another pillow at me. Daniel King was a multi millionaire owning chains of restaurants in Southern America.

" Just how did you trap such a guy," l asked amused.

Lola threw back her head and laughed at my words. She flipped back her long ,glossy black hair and batted her eyelashes at me.

"Looks matters , honey," she drawled.

I shook my head at her pride , clearly amused. Lola have always been confident when it came to her looks. She knew she was beautiful and she used it to her full advantage.

"Did you agree?"

Lola gazed at me stunned.

" Are you crazy? Of course l told him l am still thinking. I don't want to look like l am too desperate. I will hold him off for a while before saying yes."

I shook my head again, clicking my tongue. Lola and her so called dating rules.

1) She didn't say "yes" to a guy right away even if she was dying to. She said it made guys think you were too easy or something.

2) She didn't call a guy first but she hang up first.

3) She didn't even lift her finger to do anything in a relationship. She says it's the guy's job to plan their dates and trips. Her only job was to look pretty for their dates.

4) When things go sour , she dumps the guy first before he gets to do that. She always claimed she will die of humiliation if a guy breaks up with her first so she always made sure she called things off herself.

I blew out a breath . I wasn't a relationship guru , but even l know that a healthy relationship needed two people striving together. Lola was too lazy to do anything for her relationships. They always ended before they even started.

"What if he gets tired of your little game and decides to move on," l tried to reason with her.

She simply threw back her head and laughed .

"I know he won't. Guys like him love chasing. The more you play hard to get , the more they desire you. They love possessing."

I burst out laughing. She was really impossible.

" Mommy!"

I heard Elena's voice calling from downstairs. She was back from the market with Amira. I dashed out of the room to meet her.