[Epilogue]

SHORT! SAD ENDING! (I warned you)

Years have passed since the so-called 'foolproof' plan to get Miya Atsumu to fall for (L/N) (Y/N). Too bad Miya Osamu proved that the plan wasn't as foolproof as they thought.

Their second year at Inarizaki High was eventful, but bu the end of it Miya Osamu and (L/N) (Y/N) were together at last.

In a way the plan helped someone.

Miya Atsumu grew out of the feelings he felt for her when they were third years, slowly seeing her as a sister. The two formed a sibling-like relationship, one irreplaceable to her.

(Y/N) grew to be a detective, fulfilling her dream. As a side job, she worked as a substitute teacher. Her husband owned an onigiri shop.
As years passed, two babies were born. Twins. Miya Osamu, her faithful husband, was so happy to find that they had twins.

One boy, one girl. They agreed to name the male Akihiko, meaning shining prince. The baby girl was named Asami, meaning morning beauty. Both children inherited Osamu's natural hair color. While Asami had fY/N)'s eyes, Akihiko had Osamu's. The young boy had his mother's facial structure while the girl held a mixture between the two.

Atsumu was so excited when the babies were born. He and his mother had cried when they saw the babies. Over time, he came out as a bisexual. He got overwhelming support from his family.

He vowed to be the cool uncle.

As years passed, the twins grew to play multiple sports. Both played volleyball, taking after both parents. Asami hung with Atsumu a lot, learning to set from her uncle; earning the setter position. Akihiko, even though he had gained height, played libero. Asami played soccer when volleyball season was over while Akihiko played basketball.

Osamu held his wife in his arms while his son stood next to them. They were up in the stands as their daughter was on court. The children went to Fukurodani High in Tokyo, as their parents decided not to move back to where they met.

Cheers erupted as Fukurodani's female team scored the final point, winning the match. They earned a spot to Nationals. The boys had played the game before them, also winning a spot to Nationals.

When the girls were released, Asami ran to her parents. Osamu held his arms out, engulfing his daughter in a hug. She was a daddy's girl.
Akihiko did his handshake with his sister, congratulating her on the win. The siblings messed with each other before saying goodbye to their parents to go meet with their teams.

"They grow up so fast," (Y/N) whispered.
"I know."

- - -

A few more years had passed. Akihiko was engaged to his fiancée, who happened to be the daughter of another famous volleyball player. Asami had given birth to a baby girl, making (Y/N) and Osamu grandparents.

As years went by, the Miya family continued to grow. Asami was happily married and with a child whereas Akihiko got married six months after the engagement.

- - -

Working as a detective was dangerous, she knew that. Working in dangerous fields was something that ran in the (L/N) family.

She was at a crime scene of an investigation she was working on when she heard a bush move behind her. The officers next to her both pulled guns out, pointed at the bush.

A figure appeared, a gun in both hands. A mask was on his face, but only the left side of his face was covered. The other half was in (Y/N)'s hand, a part of evidence she needed to solve the crime.

Two gunshots went off. (Y/N) stood in fear as the two officers next to her fell, blood dripping from their wound. Before the criminal could pull the trigger, she had rolled out of the way.

She held one of the guns that was once in an officer's hands. She pointed it at the criminal, who had both guns pointed at her.

Before she could pull the trigger, she felt a sudden pain in her stomach. The weapon slipped from her shaking hands. Looking down, she saw her (F/C) button up begin to soak with blood. Her blood. Before she knew it, she was staring at the sky. The last words that left her mouth before she closed her eyes were,

"I love you, Miya Osamu."

- - -

On the other side of the city, Miya Osamu began closing his shop. He blinked a few times when he thought he heard the voice of his wife. He knew she wasn't near him, she was at work.

On the ride home, he got a call. He didn't recognize the number but answered it anyways. His hands shook as he changed the directions of where he was going.

He entered the large building, following a nurse who had guided him to another room. The room was white, nothing out of place. In the bed laid his wife. His beautiful, wonderful wife. A hand flew over his mouth as he approached her. His other hand held one of hers.

He hadn't done so in a long time, but he finally let tears slip from his eyes. Right as he shut his eyes, he heard a noise.

A long beep.

More tears fell, sobs escaped his mouth as he begged for her to come back. But he knew,

Miya (L/N) (Y/N) was gone.