Chapter 8 - Moonlight Massacre Burial of the Past

Faith's POV

I let him live... I left him for dead.

With no arms, I left him unable to defend himself. With a disfigured face baring the mark of a Pack Traitor, he will be killed on sight when found. Living the life of a Rogue, vulnerable... all he will be capable of doing NOW is successfully running from impending danger.

My morals weakened with every cruel action I executed upon the traitor – my innocence leaving me with every step I took away from his whimpering frame. As I did so, I kept a firm grasp over the limbs I had roughly torn off his pathetic form - bare-handed.

Gamma Ronman. A pack member whom I shared fond memories with... a man who played an uncles role throughout my childhood. A traitor.

I stared at the slaughter house, and then back at the ruined garden. Locking eyes with the Dungeon girls was enough to instruct them of my orders, silently. The 3 older girls started with digging rows of graves in the garden, as the other 2 worked on using their Wolf Claws to carve rocks into headstones for the deceased – each engraved with Moonlights mark (half-moon, half-sun).

I slowly and respectfully released my pack from their ropes, trying not to touch their corpses too much as I moved each body to an empty grave. If I could, I would have took my time and buried each person among their respective families – but I was barely able to make out their gender, so there was no way I could have made out their identities. Instead, I decided it best to bury them in order of whom they had died next to... the last person they saw before death consumed them. The ones who most likely comforted them as they went through to experience the same routines of merciless torture.

I don't want to hurt their already ruined bodies... who knows... maybe they still felt pain after death.

After the girls had completed their assigned tasks, they watched from the sidelines as I respectively lowered the remains of each Pack member into their rightful burial place.

By the time I was done I was drenched in sweat, the smell of decay clinging to me like a second skin - but by now my tears had stopped running, my eyes dry.

As I buried each body I felt like another piece of my shattered heart was left with them – submerged under the freshly pressed dirt, along with another member of my family – my Pack... another member of Moonlight.

I looked to the front of the garden-turned-grave, where I had buried my Mom – I had left an open grave on the left of her. It was a grave for daddy, to have him rest eternally by his beloved mate... if I ever found his body. I made sure to carve both of their gravestones myself, trying to pump as much as my love as I could into this last gesture.

Alpha Josiah White. Beloved Father of Jared and Faith White. Moonlight's Precious Beast.

Luna Ernest White. Beloved Mother of Jared and Faith White. The Warmth of Moonlight.

By the time the cemetery was complete my face was emotionless, my heart now an empty hole. I felt no anger... no pain... no sorrow... nothing.

I am now an orphan... a Pack-less Alpha... a Rogue.

There is nothing left here for me.

Nothing worth staying for.

Gamma Ronman's POV (Traitor)

I watched as she continued bringing out body after body – her eyes dead of emotions by her 20th round. My hate towards her grew as I tried stopping the bleeding from where my arms once were.

I hold no compassion towards her... How DARE she do this to me!

Quickly gaining a steady footing, I ran as fast as I could towards the war grounds – ready to tell of her doings to Alpha Fenrir.