Chapter 35 - The Shadows Revenge

Caden's POV

What the hell is wrong with Lizben?! My wolf growled, voicing my thoughts perfectly. Why isn't she attacking?!

Looking closer, I could see fear seeping through her usual mischievous mask - she was scared.

Lizben is NEVER scared.

Why is she so scared of that woman all of a sudden? Bane asked, and I had no answer. All I could see was the Shadows rigid back - tensed and unmoving.

She must have one ugly mean face to scare my fearless Lizben. Was the smart thought that I pinned this unusual occurrence on.

But there was something I was feeling for Lizben at this moment, something I haven't felt since the time my father died, 6 years ago... Worry.

I am worried for Lizben.

Not sporting a clear mind right now, there's no chance of her fighting at her best - her mind too confused with the mixed emotions running through, filling it to the core.

Lizben's scared, worried, angry, hateful - and so much more, that I don't have time to decipher right now.

Are you ok? I Mind Linked Lizben, snapping her out of her petrified trance. What's wrong?

I haven't told her I'm here yet, because I don't want her to know that I have been Commanded by the same woman before her to "stay" like the good little mutt she wants me to be. I can't let Lizben know. I don't want her to see Satan as weak, compared to the Shadow.

But as Faith had said before, the Shadow is a figuration of Black. She is nothing but a copy of me - just as dark, but nothing compared to the original. I'm as Black as you get - heck, it runs in my genes. I'm a Black through and through, and she'll just have to accept the fact that she can never surpass me.

Her little speech made her sound as if she's trying to knock off the original with a fake. Pathetic, if you ask me. She's just as I expected - an overconfident, weak little girl with nothing going for her but her looks and inherited title.

Sometimes, I wonder why I subtly feel for her - despite all this. 

3rd Persons POV

Her eyes, her petrifying orbs, revealed to the traitors that now Faiths wolf was in full control - and her wrath stubbornly provoked to rain pain over her instigators: the traitors.

Although in anger, Maya had now been released - and Faith didn't feel the need to stop what was going to happen next. She was just as bloodthirsty as her animalistic half.

"Come now, boys..." She whispered, darkly, "you know what time it is now, don't you?" She questioned mockingly, combing her fingers through her nest of hair which was, by now, matted with blood - conjugating into a sticky mess on her head.

"Payback time, bitches." She taunted the group, her left hand motioning for them to come forward. "Come at me."

Lizben charged first, in a failed attempt to subdue Faith head on, leaving herself wide open for an attack - which Faith so gladly took.

Kicking her chest with much force, she flew back double the length she had ran - readily making impact with the hard, stone wall of the cave before almost instantly falling unconscious in a growing pool of her own blood.