Puzzles

(Arnie Grape x Reader)

It's a short imagine based on my recent discovery of very long puzzles :)

Y/n's POV

There is absolutely nothing I would want to do right now than go outside. But as of right now, Gilbert has sucked me into doing a 1000 piece puzzle. You may think "oh that's not that bad" but it is, trust me.

So it was a beautiful day outside and yet we were spending it inside, building a puzzle that we have already been working on for hours. Arnie was outside, and if I was completely honest, I wish I was him. But I didn't want to leave Gilbert all alone to do the puzzle. But I also didn't want to leave my boyfriend all alone outside. I was somewhat torn yet stayed inside.

"Gilbert I'm getting bored," Arnie said as he ran up next to Gilbert. "Can I help?"

"Do you know how to build a puzzle?" Gilbert asked and of course, Arnie shook his head no. "Then I don't think there is that much to help with."

"But Gilbert I wanna help," Arnie whined.

"Arnie just go play outside," I said as I continued to work.

"Y/n can I help?" Arnie said, trying to answer shop.

"Arnie, Gilbert said no," I said. Arnie didn't take no for an answer as he sat down next to me and started picking pieces off, putting them back into the box. I tried picking them back up and putting them in there place, but Arnie kept putting them back in the box.

I had finally had it with him. "Arnie Grape!" I exclaimed in irritation. Arnie stopped what he was doing and got up and ran outside. I sighed as I knew he was upset with me now.

After a while of trying to put the puzzle back together, I spoke up. "Sorry I yelled at Arnie."

"It's fine," Gilbert said. "He was a little annoying. But I'm not the one you need to apologize too."

I groaned as I got up and went outside to the cool summer air I've been waiting for all day. It was definitely nice and sunny in Endora today. I looked around for Arnie as I spotted him in his tree.

"Arnie!" I hollered as I ran up to the tree. I looked away from me as he was obviously mad at me still. I knew exactly what to do.

"Gosh, where's Arnie?" I asked myself as I pretended to look around the tree. I heard Arnie giggle above me as I continued to 'search'.

"Arnie, where are you?" I said as Arnie jumped down from the tree. I smiled as he jumped into my arms and hugged me.

"I'm sorry Arnie," I apologized as I hugged him tighter.

"It's ok," Arnie said as I pulled away. I gave him a peck on the cheek as I took his hand and we chased each other around the house, making the most of the beautiful day.