Objections

(Jack Dawson x Reader)

Jack's POV

I woke up in the morning by the sound of everyone in the ship practically screaming. About what? I have no clue. I got up and put on something to wear as I went into the hallways.

Almost every third class passenger looked like a first class wannabe. They all were wearing there finest clothes and they were running around the ship, trying to get ready for what seemed like a big event.

I couldn't keep my mind off of the girl I had met last night. She was so innocent, yet dared to end her life. I remember every part of her, from her hair to her shoes. I was in love with every feature, too bad she was a first class passenger.

She was in the back of the ship, and all I could think about was what made her feel as if she had no way out. I preyed her off the end of the ship, and I realized how beautiful she was.

Her name was Y/n DeWitt Bukater. I remembered it, surprisingly. And I even though we had only met that night, I could already feel some kind of connection. Such a strong one, I had a dream about her last night.

My thoughts were interrupted by my friend, Fabrizio, tapping me on the shoulder.

"Jack! Get ready!" He basically screamed over all the passengers.

"Why? What's happening?" I asked as I dragged myself back into the room, just to hear him better.

"Two first class passengers decided they were gonna get married, on the ship!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"Who?" I asked curiously.

"Names are Caledon Hockley and Y/n DeWitt Bukater," Fabrizio said. I felt my heart drop as I instantly recognized Y/n's name of course.

"First class?" I asked, hoping there was actually another Y/n DeWitt Bukater on the ship.

"Yes!" Fabrizio said. "Now get ready!"

"Why did they just decide to do it on the ship?" I asked. Why would they suddenly choose to get married here.

"They said something about loving each other too much or something," Fabrizio said as he tied his shoe. That made me feel even more horrible. The only person I could really love and relate to was getting married.

I quickly got ready as I wanted to see Y/n as soon as possible. I got dressed in the best thing I had and ran to the first class area.

Someone instantly recognized I wasn't where I should be. "Sir, you can't go in here," the man said.

"Come on, I just need to speak to Y/n," I said impatiently.

"Sorry sir, she's getting ready, your going to have to wait," he said. I sighed as I went around the ship, trying to find another way I can talk to her before she marries an idiot.

I suddenly heard arguments going on through the walls of the ship. Practically screaming, actually.

"Mother! I don't want to!" I heard Y/n's Voice scream.

Y/n's POV

"Mother! I don't want to!" I complained as I could barley breathe from how tight she tied my corset.

"You have to Y/n! All the money is gone! Your father left us nothing but debt to my name and now that's the only card we have to play!" My mother complained once again.

"I don't love him," I said simply. It was true. I had fallen in love with another. He saved me last night, his name was Jack Dawson, and my family knew him very well after last night.