Stuck with Each Other

*italicized paragraph are flashbacks/dreams/mind links/thoughts

Hope’s POV

“Not all, baby girl, not all…”

I can still feel and hear what’s-his-face’s voice in my head as I recall the encounter we had in the library. It was so obvious that he was referring to me as the not all shifter.

I thought about it, but not this much.

When I bid my dad good bye all that was in my mind is that he was over reacting with all the reminders he was giving me, on top of aunt Serenity and Uncle Eric’s.

Now I wish I listened and listed it down.

I shook my head as I shrug my bag higher into my shoulder as I go to my next subject, which unfortunately I had no one with. Actually, we were all pretty much alone on our second day. Tamara made a special request to the headmaster to show us around yesterday, thus us ending together. In reality, we were to have classes on our own.

Why you ask? It’s all because we were supposed to be sociable.

Its one trait of a wolf, or so Ximm said last night during dinner.

“So, there…”

“Seriously? We have to remember all that?” Fate asked, frustrated.

“Yes.” Ximm grinned, “Being an alpha has its downside.”

“And that’s it?”

Ximm chuckled, “There’s a lot more than that.”

“But that’s on top of my list.” Chance says under his breath as he pierced another piece of meat into nothingness that is his mouth.

We all have noticed his increase in appetite the last few weeks. Fate and I had always teased him waking up all round and blown up.

But now that we’re with other shifters, well, Chance looks like a normal underweight teenage boy.

“Not sociable are we?” Jasmine asks, leaning forward watching Chance carefully as he eat.

“Oh we are, we love a party or two…” Fate shrugs, “Been begging to mom every week since high school started to go to parties, but now…”

I caught her steal a glance at Chance who just shrugged.

“As always, I just don’t want boys near my sister and Hope.” Chance seats back and looks around the huge dining hall. “Especially mating ones.”

“Well, we can prolong that as much as we could, but you’ll have to give in in two years time.” Jessamine says.

“Two years?”

“That’s when they’ll meet their mates.” Jessamine nods as she continued to eat her dinner.

“Our mate?” I asked.

“I’ve met mine, so forget it.” Fate says winking at Ken.

“Mama Ellena said that your first love isn’t always your mate.” Cam adds.

“With the rate this two is going, their fates are pretty sealed.” Aiden says.

I frowned and glanced at Chance who was staring at his plate, thinking.

“What about you Hope, you left anyone at home?” Jasmine asks popping another piece of bread through her red colored lips- and it was all natural too.