What Do I Do

*italicized paragraph are flashbacks/dreams/mind links/thoughts

Title from Nyoy Volante

Ken’s POV

I sighed for probably the hundredth time since Fate and Hope left.

Hope… I chuckled remembering how bossy and stubborn she was the whole day, watching over me and her big sister. Fate told her how irritated she was, but deep inside, I knew Fate thought that it was adorable. I know the Pierce triplets that good; I grew up with them after all.

Hope had that pout and glare that could scare off… pretty much no one really. She was like an angry puppy- a very, very cute puppy.

No wonder Chance… I frowned remembering what Chance said, how tired and hurt he looked.

But I can’t really blame him.

Damn, if I was in his position, I’d probably go crazy that I can’t have Fate as a partner.

But what was weird was they’re blood related, fate fixes them up with someone who will complete them and I’m pretty sure they aren’t cruel as to have Chance and Hope be paired right?

To make it worse, they’re from the royal family.

Darn, this is more complicated than it seems. Then there’s the fact that I haven’t told Fate my little secret yet.

I just can’t really.

Especially after Chance told me of how she reacted when their mom told them of what they really were, then the way she moved away from me when she saw me healing myself… I just can’t hurt her anymore by telling her what I really am.

Of all people I can lose, its Fate who I’d fight for the most and being who I am, I can lose a lot.

I closed my eyes remembering the last time I went home.

“No.” I said. “They are harmless and-“

“You are not going back there Ken, that’s final.”

“But if I don’t father-“

“He will find a way around this- this-“

“Craziness?” I asked.

“Yes!”

I frowned, “This craziness is my fate mother, and I can’t just leave Fate-“

“You’ve stayed with the humans far too long Ken, you are learning their ways, and I don’t like it.”

“What ways?!” I asked, exasperated. “They are very much like us, in fact, they are better cause they aren’t scared of taking chances-“

“Chances of getting killed?!” she snapped. “Don’t you think I don’t know what they do to those werewolves they catch? To dwarfs! To fairies! To merepeople?!”

“They’re not gonna catch me with-“

“I don’t care what you are capable of, you are staying here and everything will be normal-“

“Until I start to long for a mate! My real mate!”

“And you think it’s that half breed?”

“She isn’t a half breed, mother.” I groaned, tired of this conversation. “If there’s anyone who is a half breed it’s me.”

What came next was a surprise even to my mother. My cheek stung where her hand hit.