Out Of Control

Ximm’s POV

“C’mon Ximm!”

“Calm down Tam!” I laughed and ran after her.

“Some prince you are.” She says back with a laugh.

We escaped from the guards again, we were probably eight years old this time. We decided we didn’t like being told what to do, especially not by guards, much more by Uncle Aaron and Uncle Jake. That was why we would often leave the others behind and just run around the whole day by ourselves.

But this day was different, we were heading to a part of the forest we never been in before, and this made me worry for a second.

“Tam, stop!” I shouted slowing down to a jog.

“Nice try Ximm, I’m not falling for- ahh!”

“Tamara!”

I ran to where she disappeared but quickly came to a halt.

“Ximm help!”

“Tam, are you ok?” I called out, she fell at the edge of a low cliff, and was hanging on to the roots of a nearby tree. “Hold on I’ll call for-“

“No! No Ximm, we’ll both be in trouble...”

“I don’t care-“

“Ximm, please…” she pleads, her eyes full of tears, “Please don’t leave...”

I frowned and finally understood her, she was scared and wouldn’t admit it. She was stubborn like that.

I quickly look around and saw some vines from a tree, “I’ll be right back.”

“Ximm no!”

I quickly grab a handful of vines twisting them together making sure they were thick enough to carry Tam at the same time she’d be able to get a hold of it.

“Tam, I’m throwing over a vine, grab hold and I’ll pull you up.”

She nodded and I knew she was trying to calm herself down.

“Tam?” I called out, “It’s gonna be ok, calm down alright?”

She took a deep breath and nodded.

“Ok, here it comes!” I tossed the vines behind her and slowly moved it to her, “Hold on tight ok? I’ll pull you up.”

She nodded, and when she got hold of the vine she swung around for a minute, and I held tight on my end. “Ok, hold on!”

I start to pull her up, walking back until I saw her reach the edge, I tightened my hold on the vine as I took slow steps forward, I finally reached the edge and was able to reach for her hand and pulled her.

I fell back on the ground while she fell on me. I sat up but she was still holding unto me tightly, crying.

I grinned and wrapped my arms around her.

“It’s ok…” I whispered to her, “I’m here Tam, I’m here.”

I think that was the day we were officially best friends. It wasn’t just the eight years of being playmates and annoying each other, pulling pranks and what not. It was that moment that made things official for us.

I whined staying still lying on the hard cobble floor of the tower. My wish finally came true, I got my wolf, but I lost myself. Aunt Serenity was right, I needed to trust my wolf more if I wanted to be one with him.