A Child's Perfect Birthday Gift

-------In Country A------

"You may go."

An elderly man with long jet black hair to his shoulders and eyes gray like a cloudy sky watched as a messenger dressed in a white lab coat exited the room. Across from him sat a blond, middle-aged man with olive green irises. They were conferencing about something while drinking some aromatic Darjeeling tea.

The first man spoke, amused, "Since when did that old idiot become so generous as to give us two of his most prized inventions? Has he finally decided to side with us?"

"Mr. President, regardless of what he thinks, I think this gift will have a huge impact on our economy. An invincible human-like monster at our disposal. Just think about it. " The blond man replied with a smile. He was president Hancock's best friend and closest confidant.

"Oh yeah, Rochester, looking at this mutant reminds me. I haven't given you a reward for your most recent service, have I? I'll gift this one to you then. One is enough for the government."

Mr. Rochester's blue eyes widened in surprise. He hadn't expected such an important thing to be bestowed upon him. But of course, he had had his suspicions. No one would be able to tell what he was truly thinking, but without hesitation, at least on the surface, Mr. Rochester grinned in gratitude.

"Mr. President, thank you."

....

In the midst of a bustling city that seemed like shades black, silver, and white from afar, there were two places that stood out from the highly technology-based city. Amongst the two, one of them was a majestic white, old fashioned mansion surrounded by clean-cut greenery. It was one of the oldest buildings in the country. It had withstood many revolutions of the nation. The mansion was huge, with four floors that had countless servants bustling about. This is were the Rochester household lived since a century ago.

The current General Rochester's wife Eyre had preferred real servants rather than robots; and when she died, he hadn't bothered with changing anything. It might be strange, but the family who lived in the mansion only consisted of four members. General Rochester had two daughters and a son.

Today, a little boy with a head of untamed wheat hair and shiny green eyes could be seen jumping excitedly around his father. Beside him stood a tall girl in her late teens with similar but more exquisite features.

" Daddy, where's my present?" His voice was high-pitched and adorable.

" Hahaha! It's in the living room, Carlos." The large man who was deemed the father responded boisterously.

Carlos's eyes sparkled in excitement. Clare and Carol's gifts had been disappointing. They bought him a bunch of economic and business books... how could they!? He could hardly wait to see what his father got him this year to appease his broken heart.

" Then what are we waiting for? C'mon sis, let's go!" He shouted, dragging Carol's sleeve while running towards the house.

The girl rolled her eyes in annoyance but they had also briefly flashed with affection.

Mr. Rochester smiled lightly at the adorable scene while he looked up towards the windows of the mansion. His smile grew when he saw a familiar figure leaning against one of the windows. He waved at it, and then followed his two children.

In the window, a frail-looking woman in her early twenties with long brown hair and foggy gray eyes stood as she acknowledged her father's gesture with a slight nod. Her appearance looked weak but one could see the wisdom and depth of her eyes. Her mannerisms were of a person who was tired after living a long and cruel life. Her silver eyes flickered with sadness for a moment; then she turned towards her dark bedroom.

....

In the spacious living room, a girl with shiny black hair and mismatched pupils sat on a worn butter yellow sofa. Her eyes wandered over the antique furniture while she wondered to herself, who was she? A golden-haired and blue-eyed man had taken her here using a weird, black running machine with comfy red seats and then just left her in this place. Her memories only started when she opened her eyes to see the weird black running thing and the strange man. Strangely, however, she subconsciously knew that the black running thing was a car and the strange man was a man.

Her eyes caught on a pearly vase positioned in the center of the room and lit up. It was white with various simple carvings decorating it. She was fascinated. The girl wobbly approached the vase.

A reflection was reflected in it. The person in the reflection was super pretty. Although she didn't understand what "pretty" meant, she just felt really attracted by the reflection. The strange girl in the reflection had really weird irises; one purple, one gold. The girl became more intrigued. Just who was this person?

Just as the girl was about to touch the vase for further examination, the door to the living room opened. The large man who brought her here came in, along with a cute little boy and another pretty girl.

Carol was startled upon seeing the strange girl. Her different colored and vibrant eyes creeped her out. She eyed the FN Five-seven* that was displayed on the wall.