Finally, Robin thinks, someone has some common sense at least.

"Arthur's right," agrees David, one of the older members of the Merry Men and Robin smiles, grateful for the sudden change in support "if Robin uses some of that right mind of his we can hope for a relatively decent meal." This causes the men to yet again burst into fits of laughter.

Robin turns away from the fire and frowns at his men, growing annoyed with their teasing. "You know I'd like to see some of you try and cook a decent meal, as the only other person I know who can cook around here is Little John." the outlaw quips and his men now have the decency to back off.

"Alright, Rob," the eldest member of the Merry Men, Will Stutely concedes, "we'll leave you to it. No more mocking 'till later, right men?" The others voice their agreement before dispersing around the temporary camp.

However, Little John and the ale-loving friar known as Tuck stay behind, and Robin can't help but remark "And here I was thinking they'd be grateful to have supper earlier than usual."

The three of them chuckle before Tuck says "We all know the men aren't exactly the best at expressing gratitude." And Robin sighs as he nods in accord, his attention mainly still on the food.

"Find anything useful on your scout Rob?" Tuck asks after a brief silence.

"Just that due to the small number of black knights patrolling the village we should be able to formulate a successful exit plan." the outlaw replies, adding "And if I'm being honest, I've already started to form that part."

John nods before commenting, "So, we should be done with this job rather swiftly then."

Robin pauses before replying hesitantly, eyes still on the fire "I might've picked up someone who was in somewhat...desperate need of help."

"WHAT?" the bear-like man bellows. The outlaw just sees Tuck sigh and shake his head in exasperation from the corner of his eye. "We're about to pull of one of the largest heists we've ever done and you decide to help someone that was in need of help?" Little John enquirers exasperated.

"They were about to be beheaded!" Robin exclaims turning around and trying to appeal to the men.

"Beheaded?" John questions voice still gruff, "Are you sure they didn't deserve their fate?"

Robin can tell his friend is suspicious. Who wouldn't be suspicious of someone who was charged with that sentence? But he was certain of one thing, "No one deserves that fate John, even those who have done great evil."

There's a long silence that follows, the only sound that can be heard coming from the other men around the camp and the soft crackling of the fire. John then slowly nods his head and Robin knows he's decided to trust him when he murmurs, "Just be sure you know what you're doing."

"I am." Robin replies simply and with that Little John nods his head again and goes off to his tent.

The outlaw then hears Tuck sigh from next to him and he gives the friar his full attention. But before he says anything Robin tells him, "I just couldn't sit back when she needed help Tuck. I know it's a risk, especially with a job coming up but I had to save her."

"I know you did Robin, that's what makes you a good man." Tuck responds. The outlaw nods as he turns back to the fire to finish cooking the meal. "So, obviously it's a woman you've saved." he hears the friar comment causing Robin to glance over his shoulder and give a sheepish smile. Tuck chuckles as he continues, "Did she acquire any injuries whilst you were saving her?"

"Are you implying that I'm incapable of rescuing a damsel in distress unscathed?" Robin asks, offended and turning back to the man.

"Yes, that's exactly what I'm implying." the friar replies, giving Robin his I'm-not-buying-it look, further offending the outlaw before going silent and clearly waiting for an answer.