justice is served, and cyrus is weirdly happy about it

。・:*:・゚☆

cyrus found it to be quite difficult to talk sense into his boyfriend when they're both distracted by the looming aura of the principal's waiting room.

"listen, cy, i'm sorr-"

"you could've broken him, teej-"

"i couldn't stop, it was just so-"

"it was dangerous and stupid and-"

"cy, i couldn't just let him talk to you like that, alright? i couldn't! i'm sorry!"

cyrus faced the beige wall across the room with his arms crossed judgingly over his chest, his face incorrigible. he shook his head, his lips pursed, and his breath slow.

"you could've gotten seriously hurt, tj. i know you meant well but this wasn't the right way to handle it."

"i know. i'm sorry. please look at me, cy," tj yanked his arms apart and grabbed his right hand, squeezing it tightly and drawing those gentle eyes over to him.

"i'm still mad at you. holding my hand doesn't change that."

"i know. i just want to look at you," tj smiled sincerely, his devilish eyes juxtaposing his sweet words, "remember why i punched his lights out in the first place."

"you're not funny."

"says you."

the boys jumped apart at the squeak of the principal's doorframe, and cyrus felt his stomach drop as reed emerged with the administrator behind him.
his face was bloody and bruised; his eyes were swollen and dark, small cuts beneath his eyes dried shut with coagulated blood. his lip was busted and he kept it between his teeth to try and slow the bleeding, and he had violet shades tinting the shadows of his jawline and temples.
cyrus tried not to enjoy it, because he hates violence, but reed was an ass, and the way tj smiled proudly at his work was sickening yet sort of hot at the same time, and-
wow, dude. what happened to you? cyrus shook his head to rid himself of his train of thought, feeling the locomotive derailing at the sight unfolding before him.

"reed, do you have any parting words?" the principal placed an imposing hand on the boy's shoulder, his question firm.

reed let his lip go, opened his mouth, then shut it again. he shook his head, looking away from tj's scrutinizing gaze and feeling ashamed that he let his feelings get the best of him.

"alright then. go sit out in the office, your parents will be here shortly to get you."

reed pushed through the swinging door of the waiting room quickly, the pressure hanging in the air pressing down on him too hard to stay any longer.

"well, tj, you sure did a number on him."

"i apologize, sir. but, if i may, it really was warranted-"

"oh, i have no doubt. believe it or not, i was a teenager once, mr. kippen- i've had my fair share of fights. what is important now is that you now what you did was wrong."

"yes, sir, i'm aware. i let my anger get the best of me and it was bad judgement in my end. i apologize for the inconvenience." tj let his heavy gaze fall to the floor, and cyrus' band found his shoulder, spreading a small shock of comfort through his back.