Unexpected Visitors

It’s been awhile since I had last been sick. Roberto had taken good care in making sure to help me get healthy again. Unfortunately, he had gotten sick because of me and I had to take care of him for the next week. I can definitely say that I absolutely kicked him in the behind. Totally. 
    Anyways, I had planned to go out and fly around to explore outside of the Grove. I wanted a little peace and quiet for a while, but ohhh boy. I should have known that getting alone time wouldn’t be happening anytime soon.

I smiled as I flew up above the trees, lightly caressing the flowers in the treetops, with the feathers of my wings when passing by. I was enjoying the gentle breeze that I was able to get,  before I heard something a bit ways away.
    Curiously, I flew in that direction, being careful of the spiders and snakes that would like to have me as a snack. I perched on a branch and looked down to see two familiar faces, and only one of them was a good thing…but there was also an unfamiliar face as well, which made me cautious.
    “Gabi…? Nigel…?” I had mumbled to myself before she had perked up, and looked up at me with an excited expression.
    “OOH LA LA! TIKI TIKI TIKI!” She squealed as she started to happily climb, and hop her way up towards me, while Nigel looked up with a light smirk.
    “Well hello there darling.” He laughed and flew up to perch on the branch I was on, leaving the curious anteater down below.
    “Nigel…” I answered back in a monotone voice, and lightly rolled my eyes in distaste, before I had noted that Gabby had decided to perch on his shoulder. I suppose she had figured out that she was no longer poisonous.
    “Tiki...you are practically glowing.” He smirked as he looked at me which caused me to roll my eyes and Gabi to look jealous.
    “Nigel I know we were once dance partners for a short time, but Blu told me all about how you were trying to kill him. You were never really good at hiding how cruel you were, even as a star.” I sighed in disappointment, and Gabi came over to hug me, to which I hugged her back with a smile.
    “It’s so nice to see you again Gabi! I’m so sorry I couldn’t make it to you on time, to rescue you from the humans that caught you…” I spoke sadly, as I really did regret not making it to her on time. Yet, she only smiled.
    “No no no! It’s okay! I wouldn’t have met my darling Nigel, if it weren’t for that.” She said in a dreamy tone. Which made me chuckle in amusement, while I had smirked at Nigel as I leaned down to Gabi.
    “I ship it, make sure he doesn’t go all evil again, I know you’ll set him straight.” I whispered to her with a small smirk, as she smiled brightly and giggled.
    Nigel groaned lightly then dramatically raised his wing, to act as a cape to hide away from Gabi.
    “Your feathers seemed to have healed nicely through, Nigel. From what had happened between you and my older brother. But I still haven’t forgiven you for trying to kill him.” I lightly glared at him as he rolled his eyes with a nod.
    “I came back to...be a star.” He spoke dramatically, raising his wing and forming a ‘fist’ with his feathers.
    “Well, when you had disguised yourself...horribly may I had, as ‘Bob,’ Carla had said that if you weren’t a villain, you would make a great performer.” I spoke slyly as I looked at my feathers, like how a human girl would look at her nails, if she was being sassy. I was purposefully baiting him in to make sure he would restart his life, and make new and better choices. I would of course support it, if it was to make sure Blu was finally in his good graces, and to watch Nigel finally be happy.
    “I see…”He replied cautiously, but I knew from when his head had perked up, that I had managed to catch his attention.
    “So who’s the new guy?” I asked curiously as I looked down to see the anteater, watching him use his tongue, to tip his hat down for me respectfully. Which had made me smile at him kindly.
    “Oh, That’s Charlie.” Nigel shrugged with disinterest, causing me to raise a ‘brow’ when I looked over at him, then to Gabi who was happily smiling.
    “Well at least someone is acting like a gentleman.” I smirked lightly when I glanced and saw Nigel’s irritated expression.
    “Hey! I can be a gentleman too!” He snapped with a dramatic way of saying his words, and I snickered softly.
    “Sure, sure you are. You never were when we were partners.” I spoke up. He raised a single feather and opened his mouth to reply, before he paused and grimaced for a few moments.
    “Okay, okay. You got me there. But I was supposed to be the only star, and I got jealous when you were brought in a few times, since you would get most of the attention.” He huffed lightly as he glared at me a bit. I only rolled my eyes from his excuses and childish love for attention.
    “Nigel, it’s not like I liked the attention... I just wanted to do something to cure my boredom. But hey, I had at least learned some moves from you, that I have used every now and again.” I looked at him to see his proud smirk.
    “Of course you did, my moves are always at their best.” He casually bragged and pulled a quick pose for Gabi and I to see, while Charlie just raised a brow and covered his eyes with his bowler hat.
    “Always my love!” Gabi grinned as she linked her ‘hands’ together, and leaned forward, giving him a quick smooch on his cheek. I snickered when he had jumped back and rubbed his cheek,  while Gabi sighed happily in content. 
    I shook my head softly before I looked up at the sky, then looked back at them with a soft, yet wide smile.
    “I have to head back, before I cause any trouble from being gone. I’ll see you guys eventually okay? Goodbye!” I called as I hugged Gabi one last time, then quickly flew away to head back to the Grove.