Feather Light Greetings

It’s been a couple of days since I have settled in. I had gone to find my own home tree in the grove, since I didn’t want to bother Blu and his family. They all understood that I would like to have my own place to myself. Yesterday I had officially met Mimi, Eduardo and a dog named Luis. Courtesy of Nico, Pedro, and Rafael. They were pretty friendly and Eduardo of course understood that I was a bit uncomfortable with him at the moment but I knew I would eventually warm up to him. I did have high hopes, and I did want to have another fatherly figure in my life. 
Roberto did come and apologize to me one of the days I had moved out, and I told him he was forgiven. I didn’t exactly like to hold grudges for long over...stupid things I guess. Anyways, I flew out of the nest to go and look around the grove for something to eat, deciding to get some fruit and munch on that while sitting on a branch. Calmly, I had noticed Tiago and Roberto ‘surfing’ on some lilypads, making me lightly smile in amusement as it did look kind of fun.
“OH EM GEE IS THAT YOU TIKI?!” A familiar voice squealed from behind me, making me turn around to look at the bird hovering in the air.
“Pepper…? Oh my gosh you look great! How have you been?!” I asked excitedly, making her giggle and smile brightly.
“Oh you know just the normal job of helping around, but I'm glad we have made a truce between the 2 tribes. We didn’t have many nuts as they did...anyway, I was hired as a scorekeeper! Of course for when we do fun games instead of, ‘war!’” She smiled as she landed beside me, making me tilt my head with a smile.
“Blu had talked about how the ‘war’ happened, and how he let them down before the illegal loggers came, cutting down all those trees. I’m glad that was quickly stopped!” I smiled softly before a new blue macaw female landed beside me.
“Hey Pepper! Who are you hanging out with?” The female asked, making Pepper perk up happily.
“Oh! Tempest this is one of my old secret friends, Tiki! Sister of Blu? Anyway! I’m sure you’ll both be great friends!” Pepper grinned. Tempest looked at me curiously.
“Oh you’re also the one that told off Roberto! Why? He’s so amazing and handsome!~” She said dreamily, then leaning against me with a dramatic pose, making me playfully roll my eyes at this.
“Well, first off I didn’t like what he was doing, and I’m not exactly a fan of flirty birds that would go for just any girl they set their eyes on. I’m not that easy to swoon.” I replied simply with a small shrug, which made Pepper giggle as Tempest’s jaw drops.
“Oh come on! You don’t find him the least bit attractive?” She asked with wide eyes, causing me to softly chuckle.
“Well, sure he looks good but again, It’s not that easy for me to swoon over a male. I’m independent and I prefer it that way. Girl power am I right?” I replied, making the two nod in agreement.
“Yeah, that’s right but seriously, your brother’s married, you gotta settle down eventually right?” Pepper spoke up while placing her wing on my shoulder.
“Yeah but I’ll do that when I'm ready for it” I smiled a bit before another bird decided to swoop in, and it made my eyes widen in surprise.
“Felipe..??” I piped up in shock, making him look at me and smile at me, quickly perching beside me, lightly pushing Tempest to the side.
“Well if it isn’t sweet ol Tiki, been awhile huh?” He smirked as I smiled in return, noticing Pepper blush while looking at Felipe before she grabbed Tempest and flew off.
“It’s definitely been awhile Ipe. How have you been?” I asked while he stretched and casually wrapped his wing around me.
“Well i’ve been up and around since you had to leave when we were younger. But you’re still pretty as ever.” He smiled, making me smile as well. I didn’t exactly mind his flirting since we had dated a little while, before I had to break it off when I left.
“Thank you, and you are definitely looking better than I last saw you. Those feathers on your head aren’t sticking up like spiky feathers anymore.” I joked playfully, making him laugh and nudge me.
“Oh c'mon! It wasn’t THAT bad was it?” He asked while I smirked at him, lightly pushing him.
“Well duh, it was like a nest head in the morning.” I snickered slightly while he rolled his eyes playfully, before he had poked my beak with his wing.
“Okay, laugh all you want, at least you still like your tropical flowers.” He said as he had taken note of the flower in my feathers, where my ‘ear,’ would be.
“I have always done this, it never gets old Felipe.” I smiled before I had embraced him momentarily.
“I promised Blu that I would help watch the kids while he, and Jewel went on a nice date together. I’ll see you later okay Ipe?” I spoke up as I pulled away, but was kept in place because he hadn’t let go just yet.
“Yeah I understand, i’ll definitely be seeing you later. Make sure not to overdo yourself with them alright? Catch ya later!” He smiled as he kissed my wing, and quickly flew away. I smile fondly before exhaling softly.
“Okay, he only did it to be polite, it’s been several years. I don’t love him anymore, I moved on. It’s best I hurry to Blu’s place or he’ll have a fit.” I chuckled as I talked to myself, before I flew off the branch I had perched on, and headed in the direction of my brother’s nest. Not noticing a pair of jealous eyes watching my form fly away, hiding in the branches above the one I was on, before they turn and fly away.

“It’s not like they are dating or anything right now, why be jealous? She’s still a free bird. I may still have a chance to make things right.” They said to themself  before they shut up, continuing to fly towards their destination, not wanting to be caught listening into a conversation that didn’t include them anymore.