Chapter 3: In The Centre of Attention

Start from the beginning

'C'mon, Zelk! You have to hear the band! Techno got Wilbur Soot playing guitar with us!' Skeppy pleads. 'We've been practicing for forever. We taught Bad how to play the bass and everything! Pleaseeeee.'

'Nope. Sorry. It's just... not my scene.'

Skeppy pouts as Techno says 'Guys, lay off the kid. If he doesn't go, we can just say it was great and make him feel incredibly bad for not coming.'

Zelkam just laughs.

The bell rings, signaling the end of lunch. The group begins packing up and logging out of their Minecraft accounts. Dream spots Sapnap smiling to himself.

'Why are you smiling?'

'Nothing.' It definitely wasn't nothing. He continued grinning as George came over.

'Lockers?'

'Yeah,' Dream answers. 'Better go now before it gets too crowded.'

They exit the computer room, which Bad locks behind them after examining for any mess and closing all the computers. They make their way to their lockers, talking about a new idea for Dream's YouTube channel when they spot a small gathering around George's locker.

'What's going on?' George asks, approaching, confused.

Quackity turns around, grinning. 'You got a secret admirer, George! Someone's left notes on your locker.'

George's eyes widen and he pushes through the small crowd, Dream and Sapnap behind him. He immediately sees the neon sticky notes on his locker and his cheeks turn pink.

'Nothing to see here! Keep moving!' Sapnap bellows, shooing people away. 'Move along!'

The crows ceases, muttering and giggling. Dream spots Maia, watching from afar as she tilts her head, obviously debating if she should come closer or leave. She starts paying attention to her own locker, but Dream catches her shooting glances in their direction. He decides that it's just her curiousity and returns his attention to his friends. George hasn't moved, reading the notes.

Hey there, George

I've known you for a while and I think you're kind of cute

I don't know how to tell you this because I'm always denying it but

Do you wanna hang out sometime?

Leave your answer on your locker by the end of the day

:)

This isn't a prank btw

An arm is wrapped around George's shoulders and a Cheshire-like grin flashed at him.

'Ooh, little Gogy has got an admirer!' Katelyn croons, squeezing her younger brother. He shrugs her off, face red. 'Awh, poor baby is blushing.'

'Go away, Katelyn.'

She does so but not after she ruffles George's hair, which makes him cuss at her as she laughs to herself, regrouping with her giggling gaggle of girls.

'You have got to be joking,' George groans, placing his hands over his still hot cheeks. Embarrassment radiates off of him as he continues to mutter to himself.

Dream reads the notes over his shoulder, eyebrows furrowed. 'You gonna do it?'

The British boy peeks through his fingers to understand what his friend was talking about. 'No! Absolutely not! I hate all this publicity. This'll end up on the school paper and- oh my gosh.' Realization hits George, his stomach plummeting downwards. 'This'll be on the school paper.'

'Who would do this?' Dream muses. Then he looks at Sapnap, who is staring at his phone, almost ignoring them. His eyes also land on Maia and they make eye contact but she quickly looks away, slamming her locker shut to rush off. George, on the other hand, tears down the sticky notes, shoving them into the nearest trash can.

'What if it wasn't a joke?' Sapnap enquires, finally looking up as the British male walks back to his locker.

'Well, tough luck. If they knew me better, they'd know I don't like being in the centre of attention.' He grabs his Maths book and shuts his locker, ignoring the people looking at him. 'C'mon, let's go.'

George storms off, head down, and Dream follows, looking back at Sapnap, confused. Sapnap merely grins, nodding that they should go ahead. The crowd thins and soon, the Texan boy feels confident enough to reach into the trash can and pluck out the crumpled pieces of neon paper. They thankfully didn't touch any pieces of food so he smoothens the material, smiles to himself, and sticks them inside the locker they had once hung on. 

Chapter 2: 1,251

Total words: 3,350