"That's a shame. But either way, I'd love to spend Christmas with you two here as well."

Doniya nods in agreement. "You two have been together for three years, yet we've never had christmas with you two."

Zayn frowns in confusion as Yaser also nods.

From every family gathering I've had with Zayn when Yaser has been involved, one thing I know Is that Yaser is very reserved.

Especially when I'm around.

"We'll see." Zayn says.

The ride back to our home was eerily quiet.

With Waliyha questioning us about our break up, Zayn began to act strange.

He wasn't talking like he normally would to me after he had spoken to Waliyha before we left.

It's like he preoccupied with something.

Maybe Waliyha knows about what happened between us.

I tighten my hand around his loose one and he diverts his gaze off the road and onto me. A small smile spills on his lips and immediately falls as he looks back at me.

"Are you okay?" I half smile at him and he nods in silence before looking back at the road.

He pulls into the driveway and I pull my hand away from his.

The engine cuts out immediately when he stops in front of the house and I take a deep breath before opening the car door.

He stops me by reaching out to my wrist and I frown before looking back at him.

"Waliyha had some thing to say when I spoke to her." Zayn says.

I swallow. "What do you mean?"

"She asked me what happens behind closed doors for you to break up with me." Zayn explains carefully.

I sigh quietly before looking out into the small rock garden Zayn and I had attempted to make last week but ended up giving up.

"I was-" I hesitated.

I haven't hesitated in a while.

"Don't be scared to tell me. It's okay." Zayn reassures, but it doesn't seem reassuring to be honest.

"It was nothing. I told your sister I was breaking up with you. But I can't remember everything else I said because I was just so determined to end-"

"You were going to break up with me that same night I set up everything- wait. Let's just forget about this." Zayn says quietly before getting out of the car, leaving his door open before opening mine.

I jump from a fright and he offers a hand.

Grabbing it he helps me out of the car and leaves a small kiss against my cheek.

"I'm going over to Louis for a bit-"

My eyes widen as I open my mouth and he uses his index finger to stop me from speaking.

"I'm not drinking either baby." Zayn says quietly. "I'll be back by midnight."

"Zayn-" I look up at him worriedly and he cups my face.

"I'm not drinking. I don't want to lose you again." Zayn murmurs softly. "I lo-" he sighs as I partially roll my eyes up at him. "Don't wait up."

I nod in silence as he leans down to leave a breathless kiss against my lips.

"I love you." I murmur quietly and he frowns momentarily before leaving a kiss against my forehead, then my cheek.

Getting into the car, he waves out to me as I turn on my heel and wave back before walking into the house.