Chapter 47

"Slow down." I giggle as Eleanor drinks the last bit of the mixture she had made for us.

She places the blender jug under the tap and giggles uncontrollably.

"What time did the boys say there were going to come home?" Eleanor suddenly questions as she looks at the time on her watch.

Zayn said he'd be home at 12 but I have a feeling that won't happen.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"I should call a taxi." Eleanor slurs. "Do you think I could leave the car till tomorrow?"

I nod. "Yeah of course. I'll pick one you up in the morning whenever so you can take it home."

"Thank you!" She grabs her phone off the bench and I slowly walk into the lounge.

I clean up the game board and vacuum up someone of the feathers that accumulated when Eleanor decided to throw the pillow at me and attack me with it.

I half smile at the though as Eleanor helps me.

"So-"

Oh shit. That's usually a keyword of starting a conversation that make me feel uncomfortable.

"You remember those rumours going around about you being a prostitute?"

I pause for a moment and look to my side where she's busying herself with the feathers under the coffee table.

I swallow. "Yeah?"

"And how we had that conversation with um, um-"

"Liam?" I finish her sentence, a little uncertain and uncomfortable.

"Yeah Liam! And like he knew a prostitute called skyscraper or something?" She sits up from under the coffee table, but ends up banging her head on the coffee table and I can't help but laugh as she rubs her head affectionately.

"Ow!"

"Be careful." I chuckle and she laughs at herself.

"Skylar. You mean Skylar." I correct.

"Whatever. Are they the same people? Are you friends with a prostitute, is that why people started those rumours?" She questions confused.

I blink at her.

Eleanor and I's friendship has lasted a very long time and only Zayn knows about my past.

I don't know how Eleanor would react if I tell her the truth.

But just looking at her and what she's done for me the last few months, I want to tell her.

But something is holding me back.

"El, I-"

She stands abruptly and peaks outside. "Oh! My taxi is here!"

I stare into space and frown up at her as she grabs her purse.

"Okay. Because I wasn't just going to tell you everything." I mumble to myself before standing too.

Eleanor buries me in a hug and smiles. "Whatever it was, just tell me in the morning so I can actually think and process properly." She chuckles.

I nod and half smile at her as the nerves pickup at me.

She'll understand. Eleanor is nothing but kind.

I pull her into a hug and take a deep breath.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Eleanor questions.