Introduction

I awoke in the middle of the night, or was it morning? The downpour continued and I could tell that the sun was going to start rising soon. Everyone else was still asleep. They all seemed passed out, as if last nights events were just too much for anyone to handle. I don't blame them. I slowly got up out of the arm chair, my head pounding with blood and the sound of my heart.

My heart started to race, something wasn't right. The darkness of the night was still sleeping soundly over the land, and fear instilled itself lightly upon me. I decided to sit back down once more, frozen to the chair like a deer in a spotlight. I've always had a fear of the dark, something most people don't know about me. Everyone I used to tell found it funny, so know everyone thinks that I've just outgrown it. There was another window, differentiating with the others, and was bigger than the rest at the back of the cabin. There was also a door at the back of the cabin. I started to feel my heart race as I realized we'd forgotten to lock the doors, so I got up and decided to lock the back door. I soon relaxed as I realized that someone must have remembered, as it was already locked. Just as I returned to my chair I noticed a dark figure staring at me from the back window. It was a human figure, I think? Yes, it was human. I wasn't sure if it notice that I'd seen it, so I just hoped it thought that I was asleep. I did have one or two drinks myself. But, unlike Layla, I only had one or two.

Something told me the figure wanted to stay hidden, the way it looked in. But, as soon as I realized it was looking in I was frozen with panic and fear. What the fuck was someone doing at this late, at our cabin out of all of them? The figure then moved towards the door, holding something big and bulky in it's hand. I closed my eyes, and my body tensed up and the door knob rattled. I closed my eyes, pretending to sleep. I didn't want to die, please no, please no.