105

We went to the church and found all the death records.
"Do you remember the names?" My father asked.
"Of course, photographic memory" i said as i started searching.
"You better not be using magic" he said.
"Relax old man. I'm joking, Hayley sent it to me in a text" i said.
He shook his head and the three of us looked in different parts.
"Here. I found another name from the list" my father said turning around with a book.
"Brynne Deveraux. Says she drowned herself some 20 years ago. Do you recognize the name?" My father asked Marcel.
"Brynne? Yeah. Yeah, we used to hang out. Knock around a bit." Marcel said.
"You can spare me the details, please." My father said.
"She used to do some spells for me now and then. Girl had power. Cursed a whole pack of werewolves just because they were pissing me off." Marcel said as he walked over to my dad.
I con to look for names but still listened to my father and Marcel talk.
"Speaking off... what do you think Klaus is gonna do when he finds out that you left him to suffer while you saved Hayley and her wolf friends?" Marcel asked.
"Let's avoid discussing matters that are not your concern shall we, Marcellus?" My father said.
"Oh, come on, Elijah. I got guys all over the city. You honestly think that I dont know that the crescent wolves had a little family reunion out at the plantation last night? Thanks for letting the house burn, by the way. Good riddance. But my question is, what's Hayley doing with that bunch?" Marcel said.
"Marcel, I'm aware of your history with the city's wolves and i assume you understand that if you lay a finger upon Hayley, it will be the last thing you do on this earth." My father said.
I turned around and seen my father was facing Marcel.
"Ok. I see i hit a nerve. And just when we were getting along." Marcel said.
"We were right" my father said as he looked back at the book.
"About?" I said as i joined them in the middle of the room.
"Every name upon my flesh signifies a witch who died by her own hand. All but one." My father said showing us the book.
"Clara Summerlin." Marcel said as he looked at us.
"Ring any bells?" Marcel asked.
"None." My father said.
"Ok, well, if she didn't off herself, then how'd she die?" Marcel asked.
"Influenza. Epidemic of 1919." My father said.
"Dad. The names" i said pointing to his arm.
He looked and we watched the names disappeared.
"We have the answer." I said.
"Only i have no idea what it means" my father said.
"I think I do" i said.
"What?" My dad asked.
"The sanatorium" i said.
My father nodded basically telling me to be quiet and that we would talk later. I knew where to find my aunt and uncle so why was he silencing me?
"Let's head back to the compound and figure out our next move" my father said as he grabbed his jacket and headed out with Marcel and I right behind him.
"Are you nervous about what your uncle might do when he finds out you saved Hayley and not him?" Marcel asked.
"Maybe a little. I had a choice at that moment in time to find and save Rebecca or stay and protect Hayley and the baby and i choose the one i knew my father would want me to choose. Rebecca and Klaus are originals so they can't die but Hayley can die, she was the obvious choice Marcel and both Rebecca and Klaus will agree." I said.
"What about you? You couldn't save yourself, only your father could" Marcel said.
"Luck of the draw. I thought i had saved myself when i broke from her spell only to find out she cursed me with another." I said as we approached the car.
Marcel didn't say anything as we got in and headed back home. I followed my father to the study where we found Hayley on the laptop.
"Hey, look, I found..." Hayley started as we walked in.
My father put his finger to his lips causing Hayley to stop what she was saying.
"You were right about the Deveraux witch." My father whispered as he stood behind her.
I sat in the desk next to the laptop.
"Find anything about Clara the mystery witch?" Marcel said as he walked in.
"Not much. She was a nurse at the Fleur-De-Lis Sanitorium. Do you guys recognize her?" Hayley asked.
I looked over at Marcel who seemed very stiff. I jumped down and stood by Hayley to see the picture.
"Top row, second from the right." Hayley said pointing to her.
I looked at Marcel again and the look on his face said he recognized her and I did as well seeing as i went to the sanitorium a couple times with Rebecca and i seen her in the witch community as well.
"No. I dont." My father said.
Marcel walked away from the desk.
"Marcel?" My father questioned as he looked up at him.
He didn't say anything.
"Marcel?" I said repeating my father.
He turned and looked at us.
"Do i need to remind you that Niklaus and Rebecca are somewhere suffering horribly? And that my daughter could become drained at any moment if she doesn't keep control of her magic?" My father said as he walked around the desk towards Marcel.
I was fine, my father has not clue how fine or maybe he was right one wrong thing could set me off and I'd lose my control.
"If you know something... talk" my father said.
"Just like what Maddie was saying earlier, she was on the right track. The sanitorium. That's where you'll find them." Marcel said.
My father looked at me.
"You sure? How do you know?" Hayley asked as Marcel made his way to the door.
"I just know" Marcel said.
"How do you know?" My dad asked.
"If Maddie and I are right... you need to know exactly what we are walking into. We did something, Rebecca and I. I think the witches are trying to use it against her. It's... something that you guys aren't going to like." Marcel said.
"What did you guys do?" I asked.
"We had a witch contact your father and bring him to New Orleans." Marcel said.
"You what?" I asked.
"Maddie" Hayley whispered as she place a hand on my shoulder to keep me calm.
"For the better part of a century, i have wondered how father found us, what foolish mistake that we had made to destroy our time in the one place that we could finally call home. Did you know, i even blamed myself for a time, Marcellus?" My father said as he walked towards Marcel.
Marcel said nothing and then my father grabbed him by the throat and slammed him into a wall and Hayley and I ran over time them.
"Elijah." Hayley said.
"Niklaus treated yourself like a son. Rebecca..." my father started.
"I still love her. All we ever wanted was to be together, but as long as Klaus was around, that was never gonna happen. But hey, i guess you wouldn't know anything about that, huh?" Marcel said.
My father glanced at me before letting Marcel go.
"When Klaus learns the truth, there will be no end to his rage." I said said.
"I will not let my sister suffer that wrath." My father said as Marcel walked between my father and I.
"Then we need to get to them before her learns the truth." Marcel said as he walked out of the study.
The four of us got into my fathers car and we drove over to the sanitorium. Once we got there my father and Marcel got out and I jumped our behind my father. Hayley was told to stay in the car.
"We should divide the building. Maddie and I will start at one end, you at the other." My father said to Marcel.
"The doors are spelled shut" i said.
"Then we will find another way" my father said.
"No we don't have time" i said as i shut my eyes and muttered a spell causing the doors to open. We went in and began looking for Rebecca or Klaus or even both together if we were to late.
"How are you feeling?" My father asked.
"I'm fine" i said as i listened carefully for yelling.
"You don't look fine" he said.
"Then don't look at me. I'm on a time clock father let's just find Klaus and Rebecca then you can worry about me." I said.
That's when i heard muffled yelling from under us.
"The basement." I said as the two of us camped down to the basement just in time to see Klaus holding a dagger above Rebecca.
I ran over and forced my uncle to stab himself in the heart as my father went to Rebecca.
"Ow." Klaus cried.
"Go Marcel. Both of you run as far and as fast as you can" my father said as he looked at my uncle who turned and looked at me.
"Maddison" he whispered as i began to feel the effects of the curse place on me.