62

"A road trip? Really?" I asked as i sat in the passager seat of my uncles car.
"Just a harmless road trip with my favorite niece. Promised my brother I'd get you out of mystic falls for a few days" Klaus said as we pulled up to a truck stop.
"I'm your only niece" i laughed.
He wouldn't tell me where we were going but i wasnt stupid it was not random he had a plan he was tracking someone down and at first i thought it was Tyler but that changed when my uncle and I got out of the car and heard a sound. We vamp speed towards it and seen a vampire choking Hayley, he threw her down onto the ground and she coughed. He was after Hayley.
My uncle vamp speed over to them and grabbed the guy before he could continue.
"Have a care, mate. That's no way to treat a lady" Klaus said with veins under his eyes.
He then bit the guy and then threw him aside.
He looked down at Hayley.
"You came" she said.
"Well, you did say it was urgent" Klaus said as he waved for me to join him.
I walked over the body and stood next to him.
I knew this wasn't random.
I helped her up.
The guy vamp speed away. Hayley looked alarmed.
"Oh don't worry about him love he won't make it through tomorrow night" Klaus said.
"What if there are more?" Hayley asked.
"You were foolish enough to make a deal with Katerina Petrova. She used you to find the cure, and now you are nothing but a loose end. You'll be lucky is she lets you live." Klaus said with a smile.
"You said that you would protect me" Hayley said as she pushed past him and I .
"And i will, just as soon as you tell my niece and I what you know about Katerina" Klaus said.
Hayley nodded and we walked back to the car and headed back to mystic falls. We were back by day break
"I'm not ready to go back to school" i said as we walked into the house.
"That's fine love take your time" he said as he closed the door behind Hayley.
She wondered around and Klaus and I stayed in the kitchen and then suddenly there was a knock at the door.
Klaus opened the door and in came Damon.
"What a unpleasant surprise" my uncle said.
"So i just came up with a list, called things you suck at" Damon said as my uncle closed the door.
My uncle stood there and looked at him and i joined his side.
"Number one: finding Katherine, ever. Number two: covering up your secret phone conversations with that back stabber Hayley. Yeah so where is she and what does she know about Katherine?" Damon asked.
"I should help you? After you lot killed my brother right in front of my niece might i add, and then imprisoned me in the Gilbert living room?" Klaus asked.
"You might want to prioritize, Klaus. You have much bigger problems. Katherine has the cure. My guess is she's going to want to cram it down your throat. You help me find Katherine, I'll get the cure, I'll give it to Elena, everybody wins. Just let me question Hayley about Katherine" Damon said.
"Can't help you, mate." Klaus said as he walked over to the couch.
"Hayleys all mine. Although i did have a run-in with a vampire who may know where Katerina is." Klaus said as he sat down.
"But too bad for you he bit halfway through his neck." I said.
"He probably won't have much time for chit-chat" Klaus said.
"Well where is he?" Damon asked.
"Near a truck stop in the boondocks maybe about two hours from here have fun" i said as i opened the door.
Damon looked at both of us before walking out.

Rebecca showed up and took some of Klaus blood before following Damon to find the vampire dying from a wolf bite.
I sat down at the table with Hayley and Klaus and we ate breakfast in silents.
"So you're well rested, you're fed, tell me about Katerina." Klaus said.
"Most men get their  power kick from torture and intimidation. With you it's drinks and fine dining" Hayley said as she sipped her wine.
He smirked.
"Well in your case i favor hospitality over unpleasantness, but i have been known to change my mind on a whim." Klaus said.
"Where's Katerina?" I asked.
"You guys seriously think I know?" Hayley asked.
"You tipped her off as to what we were up to and set her on a course to find the cure. In return she sent her lackey to snuff you out." Klaus said.
Hayley just looked at my uncle.
"Tell me Hayley. What did Katerina promise you?" Klaus asked.
She shifted and sat up straight.
"I was in New Orleans trying to find information about my real parents. Katherine found me and told me she could help." Hayley said.
"An orphan. Well, that does explain your charming bravado. Abandonment issues will do it every time." Klaus said.
"Sounds like you would know." Hayley said.
Klaus straightened up in his seat and leaned in.
"I'm the only one that can protect you. I'm happy to do so, providing you cooperate." Klaus said.
Hayley looked at him then at me and then back at him.
There was something about her that i liked she was brave and not afraid to take what she wanted. More over she wasn't scared of my uncle she would fit into the family so well, in fact i wouldnt mind calling her a friend.