89

Movers were emptying the house out, It is a bright and early morning.
"Absolutely not. I paid for that." Rebecca said as the movers carried things out and she followed them to the door.
"Please. You never paid for anything in your life." My father said as the two of us walked down the stairs meeting Rebecca by the door
"I hardly see how that's relevant." Rebecca said.
"Uncle Klaus is just punishing us." I said.
"Well, we've hurt him deeply, it would appear." My father said.
"We believed the worst about him" Rebecca said
"The one time in a million when the worst wasn't actually true" i said as Rebecca and i stared outside where the movers were.
My father walked outside and i followed him.
"Where do you think your going?" Rebecca asked us.
"To ensure that Hayley doesn't suffer for our mistakes" my father said as she turned and looked at Rebecca.
"Uncle Klaus is feeling vindictive." I said.
"We can't trust that she is safe." He said as he continued to walk to his car.
"Alright I'm coming too" Rebecca said as she ran after us jumping in the car.
We drove over to Klaus' house, the house we all called home a long time ago. We parked and walked up to the gates of the house.
"Going someone?" We heard.
We walked in and my father slammed the vampire into the wall knocking him out.
"Elijah. You guys shouldn't be here. Klaus has his guys watching me." Hayley said as one guy walked up behind her.
I looked up at my dad and he nodded and I vamped over and snapped his neck.
"I wouldn't worry about them," my father said as Rebecca threw two more vampires across the room before joining us at the door.
"Come. We mustn't linger." My father said.
"Let's get you some place safe" i said as i walked past her.
"No. You don't have to worry about me. I'm fine. I've been deemed under protection by the almighty Klaus. It's the werewolves who need help. He ordered a wolf hunt as some jacked up peace offering to marcels crew. You guys have to help them." Hayley said.
"Out in the bayou? Do we look like a bloody vampire rescue squad?" Rebecca asked as she looked over at me.
"Actually.." i started.
"Don't even day it" she said.
I laughed a little.
"I think you should be grateful we came to save you." Rebecca continued.
"Listen Rebecca, all my life, I've wanted to know who my real family was, and i just found out that they're out there in the Bayou, Klaus orders them killed. If you guys want to help me, help my people. Please" she said.
"Alright. We will do it" i said looking at my father and aunt.
"Of course you hit the weak one with the caring heart" Rebecca said rolling her eyes.
"I'm not weak" i said.
"Weak as in you give in to things, dangerous things" Rebecca said.
"I give you my word Hayley we will help you by protecting your people" i said.
"Like father, like daughter" Rebecca said.
"Thank you Maddie" Hayley said with a smile.
I nodded and took lead and led my father and my aunt back out to the car. My father drove us out to the Bayou and we warned the wolves what was coming and the ran and hid just in time too because Diego and his crew came out.
They destroyed everything they touched.
"Hey, they were obviously just here. Fan out, find them, and bring me some heads." We heard Diego said.
Rebecca, my father and I vamped into the opening we're Diego was.
"I'd rather you didn't." My father said.
"What the hell are you doing out here?" Diego asked as he turned and looked at us.
"We've come to suggest that you find new hunting grounds." I said.
"Suggestion noted little Mikealson" he said.
"Well, Diego, it would be such a shame to have to rearrange that pretty face" Rebecca said as she walked up to him and went to put her hand on his face.
He caught her hand.
"What the hell you care about wolves?" He asked.
"Generally, I dont" my father said as he started walking towards him and Rebecca.
"However, this particular clan is not to be touched." I said as i followed my father.
"Goodbye" my father said.
"Bye" Rebecca and I said at the same time.
Diego gathered his group.
"Nothing here anyway" he said as he headed out with the vampires following behind him.
"Great. I guess our job here is done." Rebecca said with a smile.
"Not really. How do we know they won't come back?" I asked.
"Not our problem. We made the vampires leave and warned the wolves mission accomplished" Rebecca said.
My father stood there for a second and then looked at Rebecca.
"Not quite" he said as he disappeared.
"Where did he go?" She asked.
"I have a hunch" i said as i headed towards the direction my father went Rebecca right behind me.
"Hello again. Eve, was it?" I heard my father say.
"One of Hayley's littermates, I presume." Rebecca said as we joined Eve and my father.
"Hayley sent you here to protect us, didn't she?" Eve asked.
"Yes" i said.
"Tell her we appreciate the concern, but we've been looking out for ourselves for a while now. Nobody finds us unless we want to be found" Eve said.
"We found you guys" i said.
"You found us, because we want you to find us. You said you might be able to reverse the curse on our pack" she said.
"I will definitely try" i said with a smile.
"There is something i thought you and your family should know about" Eve said as she pulled something out of her cloak and headed towards Rebecca and I with my father following behind her.
"We are surrounded by 20,000 acres of swamp. The ones born here know it like the backs of our hands. We'll be fine, but here, newcomers from out of state, not Hayleys and my kin, but word spread about that baby of hers. Lot of werewolves want to see this miracle pregnancy for themselves, only now the vampires are out looking for blood, and all these werewolves new to the Bayou, they might not know where to hide." Eve said showing us a map.
"You say that like we're supposed to care." Rebecca said.
"Believe me, you're going to want them kept alive." Eve said.
"And why is that?" My father asked.
"See for yourself." Eve said as she folded up the map and handed it to my father before she walked off.
We followed the map to another camp site.
"Wow these wolves really travel in style, don't they?" Rebecca asked.
My father opened the door to an RV and looked inside.
"Empty" he said as he came out.
"Behind on their payments, perhaps." Rebecca said.
"Not funny" i said looking at her
"Let's proceed then" my father said.
"Let's not and tell Hayley that we did" Rebecca said.
"I promised Hayley we would look after he people" i said.
"These aren't her people" Rebecca said.
"Werewolves are all the same, mostly. Just like the witches" i said.
Right on cue we heard yelling and then seen people running at us and vampires chasing them.
My father grabbed Diego.
"Darling we have to stop meeting like this. This is how rumors begin." My father said holding him around the neck.
My father threw him back to his people and he looked at the three of us pissed off.
"You can go now" my father said with a smile.
Diego didn't move.
"Maybe you didn't understand my father. This is a threat." I said with a smirk.
"You have precisely 3 minutes time, your little hunting party will become the prey. Now based on your recent failure to subdue my baby brother Niklaus, this despite a better that 100:1 advantage" my father said.
"I think you should listen to his warning." I said all sing songy.
They turned and walked away.
"Impressive" Rebecca said with a smile.
"Well, i thought the situation demanded something a little dramatic." My father said as we turned around to the wolves laying on the ground.
"I just follow his lead and feed off his energy" i said with a laugh.
One guy got up and looked at us.
"Who are you people?" He asked.
My father walked over to him and looked at his neckless.
"I would say the better question is, who are you?" My father asked.
Rebecca and I looked at each other very confusingly.