"Tell me where Waldo is!"

Was Remi still hung up over the book?

***

So this buzzcut guy, he was doing this because he wanted his wife to be safe. Mentioned the same stuff as the blue hair lady. Super strong now, power went to his head, rules with threats.. the same sort of thing.

Remi just told him to stand up for himself and have balls, and declared that, even though Waldo may be strong, she would win anyway.

Reminded Liana of the time Remi declared vengeance on a Where's Waldo book. Considering Isen's choke of laughter in her ear, she wasn't the only one remembering.

This guy, after Liana apologized for breaking a house and asking if she had to pay anything(she didn't, because the woman was afraid of her), took them to some corporate office building.

They were going to take the elevator.

Then Isen said that the best of the best always sneak in another way, like in the movies. Through airducts, windows, scaling buildings... you got a girl defying gravity as a sidekick..

Remi was basically coaxed into being floated to whatever window it was. 27th floor? Okay, we'll count nervously as we fly.

And they did it! Remi grabbed the thin windowsill only there for the glass to stick together, covered by blinds on the other side. Quinton got scared and took the elevator, and Liana had to make Remi fly, so she got stuck with her.

"Now what?" Remi whispered, standing on a narrow windowsill with Liana floating next to her, grabbing her wrist so she didn't float and die somewhere.

"Break the window like a badass! Duh!"

Remi tried with a kick. Didn't work. Liana tapped her shoulder.

"You wanna try?" Remi moved out of the way, the best she could.

"Mhm." Eyes glowing, she touched the window with her finger.

The glass exploded.

Remi got tangled in blinds, but stood up fast, so the blinds fell off. Liana pulled herself inside, her feet on the window edge.

The room seemed like a throne room. Except, there was no gold, no red carpet, no throne, no king. The elevator to the left led to the middle with a light carpet, where there was some middle-aged dude and a desk. He put down an empty syringe, sleeves rolled up.

It was the one they were looking for: Waldo.

Then he looked at them, eyes aglow.

"Who comes in and breaks my windows?" he asked them arrogantly.

Then, a purple shockwave emanated from him.

"... Ah."

It pushed Liana out the window.

"AaAAAH!"

"Lia! Use your ability, NOW!"

***

"What are you doing here?"

Arlo marched up to Blyke and Isen, having climbed some fire escapes to get to the rooftop they were hiding on. The two had frozen.

"... How did you find us?" Isen asked, sweating.

"I always know." Boy, he did not seem happy. "What are you doing out here with Remi and Lia?"

"Uhhhh-"

"AaAAAH!"

Isen whipped his head to the side, seeing a figure falling out from a high window in the building Waldo was supposedly in.