A.I.sland 2

It's another day where I miss the alarm.

Thanks to the all-nighter party I never fully recovered that sleep I felt like a timezone changed within my sleep schedule.

I check the time to see 10:30.

Guess they started without me.

I didn't really care. I don't get in anyone's businesses when they sleep so they shouldn't care about my sleep. Care about your own goddamn health.

Since Teruteru doesn't like leaving food out or letting people into the kitchen I had to walk all the way to the 2nd island and head to the diner to get some food, but to be honest I've been craving some bacon and pancakes slathered with Nutella.

To my surprise, the diner even had the Nutella. Maybe I should sleep in more often.

As soon as I sat down to eat I hear the bell on the door ring. I look up to see Fuyuhiko walk in. He was shocked to see me as I was to see him.

Then again he looked more shocked so I couldn't tell you.

"Hey, Bastard! You're in my spot!"

"Whoop! I'm sorry. Didn't know there were assigned seats here." I said as I got up and sat in the seat across from where I was sitting.

"There isn't, you dipshit. I've chosen that seat when I first arrived here."

"Whatever, man." I shrugged.

He grabbed a granola bar and sat in his spot across from me.

"Why the hell are you eating pancakes with Nutella?" he asked.

"Bruh. They taste just as good as when you put them on bread." I had one pancake left "Care to try a bite?"

He held up a hand. "Nah. Unlike you, I had breakfast on time. Although, to be frank, that doesn't sound like a bad idea."

I laughed in a slightly devilish tone. "When you experiment with food and you end up with Nutella on pancakes and dill pickles on Philly cheesesteak sandwiches." I memed.

He looked at me concerned. "OK, now you fucking lost me."

I shrugged it off.

"Your speech was very enlightening, last night."

"Thanks! I just do what I do. Give people their reasons to enjoy the life they have while they still got it. I said with a mouthful.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask you something he said looking out the window.

"Sure. What's up?" I asked cleaning the access Nutella off my knife.

"How do you do it?"

"I beg your pardon?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"How do you manage to make people like you so goddamn easily? How do you manage to find solutions to people's problems so fast?

Well, for you guys it took me about a month to figure out your problems, but I can't tell you that.

Fuyuhiko winced. "Dammit! I suck at asking nice things."

"Nah, man. That's a great question. It's just I've never taken that into consideration so I need a bit of time to think about it."

He looked out the window again.

"Well, First, I try to think about how I would handle it if I was in their situation. I strive for a goal and then I give them the advice... Damn. That's a rather simple answer for such a personal question like that."

Fuyuhiko looked at me like that wasn't the answer he was looking for.

"Yeah. Sorry if that doesn't make much sense, but it's like me asking you why did you decide to kill people as a Yakuza. It's like a shower thought that sounds simple but you really need to dig deep to figure it out."

Fuyuhiko gave that type of impression that he would say 'OK yeah that's fair.'

"Lemme guess. You have a problem that involves talking to someone but you just don't have the attitude to talk to me?" I teased.

He scoffed. "Don't fuck with me! I didn't say shit!"

"Dude. Admit it. I can sense when someone is struggling with something. It's pure instincts to my talent."

He slammed the table and got in my face "Didn't I tell you to stay out of my goddamn business!?"

I took a deep breath. "If someone you cared about was on the urge of killing themselves and told you to get out of their business, would you obey them and possibly let them commit suicide? Or would you actually lend a hand and let them vent to you, so you'd keep them alive?"