When she stands up she looks at me. The panic and fear she had in her eyes were now gone. She throws herself at me, hugging me. Laughing I hug her back.

"Come now Yemima. Go take a warm bath, we will talk again later when you've calmed down." She nods and says okay. As she leaves my office my smile falls.

I take a seat back in my chair.

If only there was a different way to resolve this conflict. One that didn't involve pain. But as much as I think about it, there isn't one. No matter what my choice is, war will still follow. The only thing I can do is buy some time to minimize the bloodshed.

~~~

Knock. Knock.

"Who is it?" I asked looking up from my work.

"It is I Queen Astraea" A man answered disrespectfully. And I knew very well who this disrespectful man was.

"You may enter" The king who rules over the angel kingdom, opens the doors to my study and makes his way in.

"Welcome," I greet standing up from my seat and taking a small head bow. He bowed as well.

"Thank you."

"Please have a seat." I gesture to the sitting area on the side of the study.

He nods and takes a seat.

"Is it safe to assume that no one saw you on your way here?" I voice my concern.

After reassuring Yemima when she had come to see me again, I had asked for the third floor of the west wing to be cleared, as I wanted some peace and quiet while I finished up my work for the day. All for the purpose of not letting anyone catch wind of the meeting between the Angel King and myself, especially Yemima.

I had even gone through the trouble and given him access to a secret passage only I and very few knew of. I did not want my effort to go to waste.

"Yes," He nods reassuring me.

"So onto the reason as to why I am here."

I sigh and take a deep breath before making my way to the seven-foot-tall window behind my desk, directly in front of him.

Leaning against it facing him, I spoke.

"I do not wish to go to war with the Angel Kingdom, Your Majesty."

"Then you know what that means." The king says looking excited.

"But I also cannot give you my divinity," I add.

His excited expression was completely gone, he rose from the seat and slammed his hand on the small coffee table in front of him.

"If you do not hand it to me, then I will have no choice but to go to war for it!" He yelled.

I stayed unaffected by his sudden but very much expected outburst.

"I wouldn't give you my divine abilities even if I could." He snarled at me.

"And why's that?" He asked furious at my remark.

"Because your majesty, if there is an extremely unbalanced amount of divinity in your heart, you will die. Only gods have the ability to have and use that much divinity, and that's for a reason." I explained.

"Bullshit! How would you know that?!"

I rose from my leaning position and walked to the small library beside us.

No matter what I am saying he just does not listen to reason. And considering his personality I knew where this was headed. Standing in front of the window would draw attention from anyone outside. Unwanted and unneeded attention.