Epilogue

Manik asked Nandini to be with Mukthi's parents for a day or two and he completed all formalities and drove Abhi to home while Abhi was silent all the while.

"Aunty....See who is here...!!" Manik called in excitement, taking Abhi inside.

She came out of kitchen happily and hugged Abhi with tears.

"Mujhe patha tha....ki mera Manik apne bhai ko zaroor bachaye ga.." She said pressing Manik's cheeks.

"You guys go rest...I will prepare lunch...with all Abhi's favourite dishes." She said and went in excitement.

"Abhi...Go..Freshen up and take some rest.." Manik said while Abhi silently nodded and went inside.

"It's gonna be tough..." Manik sighed looking at Abhi.

Abhi was silent all the time even Manik tried to make a conversation.

At night,

"Abhi....Come out of it Abhi...You should move on buddy...you can't stuck at one stage of your life...just let it go..." Manik tried to talk again but he was again silent making Manik pissed off.

He went to his room in disappointment and was staring outside thinking about Abhi.

"Maaannniiiikkkk" Nandini came in excitement and back hugged him tightly.

He smiled a little and turned to her side and kissed her forehead.

"Why you came back...?? You could have stayed with them na..??" Manik asked.

"I can't na...I ll go tomorrow again.." She said pecking his lips while he chuckled.

"Dinner..??" He asked tugging her hairs.

"Yup....I made aunty and uncle eat and then ate there only...and You ??" She asked

"Nahi yar....This Abhi....he isn't even uttering a word Nandu...I'm scared..I'm scared ki I'll lose him though I have won by getting him out.." He said sadly.

"Shall I try..??" She asked and he nodded.

They both went to Abhi's room while he was staring at the ceiling blankly.

"Jiju" Nandini called making Abhi startle.

"I'm not your jiju anymore" He said making Manik sigh in relief as he atleast spoke something.

Nandini went and sat beside him, took his hand in hers and said "If Mukthi is my sister, then you are my jiju only na..."

"But I lost..your sister...I..I couldn't save her.." He said with tears.

She hugged him and said "Bas jiju....We have tolerated everything...and you have faced your worst....Please..please come out of it..."

He broke the hug and said angrily "How..?? How can I..?? How can I forget just like that when she have gone through so much...and that bloody idiot is still alive...and he will be alive happily...or may be he can come out of bail..."

"Abhi...I'll take care of it....Trust me.." Manik said keeping hand on his shoulder.

"No Manik...It's not you now...It should be jiju....Jiju...aapko badla lena hai na..?? You don't want him to live right..?? Then do it jiju...Even you are a lawyer...you can try..You know all the loopholes...Try with supreme court if not high court...Yes it may a take a year or more but Mukthi will be happy if you try it for her...you can't just mourn her death jiju....and tab tak Manik will take care that he won't come out...Hai na Manik..??" Nandini said to both of them.

Manik nodded assuring Abhi and he took a deep breath to determine.

They had dinner and watched movie to divert Abhi's mind.