5. FLASHBACK : THEIR First Meet

"WIFE...!!???" She uttered in shock.

"But they were in..." She said thinking.

"LOVE...Yes...They were madly in love...and my Abhi does till now..till his last breath..." Manik said sternly.

She looked at his moist eyes and they both went back to those memories which had a common point for them...their friends.

A year earlier,

"Mukthi...When will you introduce my jiju...??" Nandini cribbed for the nth time after she got to know about Mukthi's love story with Abhi.

Mukthi and Abhi were deeply in love with each other since two years and Nandini got a shock hearing this because, Mukthi, her best friend, who never hides anything from her has kept her in dark in this matter.

"Arey meri maa...baksh dhe mujhe...You are asking this question for the 100th time since morning...That's why I didn't tell anything to you...You might have spilled this in front my parents too and they will definitely create an issue...." Mukthi scolded slightly.

Nandini made a face and turned to other side. Mukthi shook her head and said "Acha Nandu...Dhekh wo aa gaya..."

Believing it, Nandini started searching "Where...?? Where...??"

Not finding anyone, she looked at Mukthi who was trying to suppress her laugh.

"Mukthiiiiii....How mean yaar...?? You scolded me first...then instead of saying sorry, you are pulling these skits on me...??" She complained.

"Acha sorry baba....I was just kidding..." Mukthi said putting her hand on Nandini's shoulder.

"Mukthi...Do you think I'll create problem in your love story..??" Nandini asked with a puppy face.

"No darling...I didn't mean it...You are the one who will set my love story with happiness...Look...He is here..." Mukthi said when she saw Abhi in the parking.

"Very funny..I'm not going to believe you...Not again..." Nandini said and turned back.

When she was about to move, someone has stepped on her dupatta which was flowing down and in the next fraction of second, she turned and slapped the guy in front of her.

She showed her index finger and said "I'll kill you if I see you again.."

The next moment, when she saw around, she found Mukthi looking at her with her mouth wide open and a guy who made his eyes too big with shock for what he saw, the guy whom she slapped and an unknown person.

She looked at all of them with frowns on her face while the guy was still standing numb, holding his cheek.

"I'm sorry...That was me who stepped on your dupatta..But it was by mistake...Sorry sister..." The unknown person said and left before she could react.

She cursed herself for reacting without knowing the truth and looked at the person whom she slapped.

"Nandu...You won't create problem in my life but you are gonna get into more troubles if you don't stop reacting without knowing the truth..." Mukthi whispered.

She cleared her throat and asked "Manik....Are you alright...??"

He came back to his senses and gave an angry glare at Nandini and then looked at Mukthi and said "Yeah...yeah....I'm...fine..."

She smiled a little and said "Nandu...Here...This is Abhi...The love of my life and this is...Manik....Abhi's best friend..."

Nandini gave an awkward smile and took a deep breath and said "I'm really sorry for that..."

He gave a sarcastic smile and said "Think twice before you come to a conclusion...Miss Nandini..."

She too didn't prolong the conversation but that incident gave Manik an opinion about Nandini that she will react immediately without thinking.

"Jiju...What do u do..??" Nandini asked when they four sat for a coffee.

"Jiju..!!!" Manik exclaimed.

She gave weird look and asked Abhi with a pout face, "Yes...Kyun jiju...?? Any problem if I call you that..??"

"No..Absolutely No.." He said and she smiled broadly looking at Manik who turned his face in return.

"Thanks...and coming back to my question...What do you do..??" She asked again.

"I'm a lawyer Nandini...." He said.

"Ohh..." They shared a general conversation but Manik and Nandini didn't speak a word after that.

While leaving, Nandini called the waiter and asked "Ohh hello...You should take the tip if we give you...You shouldn't take the change without returning us..."

Manik and Abhi looked at each other and Abhi interrupted and apologized the waiter.

"Nandini..what are you doing..?? He returned the change and I took it...You missed seeing that..." Abhi explained and she bit her tongue.

Though she personally went and apologized the waiter, Manik's opinion on her grew stronger.

Being a lawyer, he is an exact opposite of Nandini, who thinks a million times and in million directions with all the possibilities.

On their ride back to drop Mukthi and Nandini, at a traffic signal, they saw a guy slapping his wife on the road side and the next moment, Nandini went and slapped that guy in return.

Everyone were shocked seeing that and by the time they reached there, Nandini was shouting "How dare you...?? You rascal...!! Don't you have shame raising your hand on a girl...that too your wife..."

"Oh hello madam....Do you even know what she has done....??" That guy asked.

"I don't know...and I don't want to know...." She replied, which displeased both the lawyers, Manik and Abhi.

"Nandini..atleast listen what he is saying...What happened...?? " Abhi asked the guy who had tears in his eyes and he said "She went to abort my child as we are financially not capable of raising a kid...Holy crap...Don't I know that we are financially unstable to raise a kid before I make out with her...??? Who is she to decide all by herself...I'm the father dammit..."

The guy burst into tears and his wife held him for support bending her head down.

"By god's grace I have saved my child for this time.." He said and wiped his tears.

After all the conversation, Manik gave him his visiting card so that he can meet him tomorrow for proper job.

"I told you not to react without knowing the truth...When will you understand Nandini....I think you will understand only after I leave...." Mukthi said in a disappointing tone, once they were in car.

PRESENT

"She told you that day..not to come to a conclusion..without knowing the truth..but still...You didn't change Nandini..." Manik said in the same tone of Mukthi which she once had.

She looked at him with teary eyes.

"If you wannna know the truth, please be patient...and please don't blame my friend...." He said calmly and she nodded for the first time.

"But....when did they get married....??" She asked at last while he looked at her thinking about the day which changed everything.

Ignore mistakes...

Next part will unfold the actual truth...

Hope to see you soon...