Epilogue

The sound of small feet running reaches closer and closer to the living room. The hushed hum of a small child crying over a baby monitor in the background. A small girl comes into view padding across the hardwood floor. The small girl sits on a small love seat "Uncle Ashton, I don't want to go to sleep yet." "Well Ashley you need to go to sleep so your mommy and daddy won't be mad when they get home and see you're awake. Then they won't let Uncle Calum and I babysit again you wouldn't want that now would you?" The small girl obviously out of options pouts out her lip and trudges back down the hallway and up the stairs to her blue and purple butterfly room.

Ashton and Calum go back downstairs to the living room and turn on the television. "The former member Luke Hemmings of 5 Seconds of Summer is spotted out on what looks to be an anniversary dinner with his lovely wife Alexis. Their two beautiful children obviously not included in this celebration, the lovely couple spent their night at a lovely restaurant and a nice stroll. Back to Jeffrey with sports."

"Can you believe it's been 4 years Cal, so much has happened. Luke's a father, Mikey moved back, I'm engaged and you're a fether as well. But most importantly we've stayed friends through the split and it's all that has mattered to me." Calum silently tears up "I miss it sometimes, but I love my life."

The sound of the front door silently opening makes Calum and Ashton turn their heads. "How were they?" Alexis asks as she slips her heels off by the door. "They were great actually, Ashley didn't want to go to sleep right away. Colton fell asleep after a bottle-" "He woke up crying a bit ago so I changed his diaper and he fell back to sleep straight away." Calum calmy adds. "Thank you guys so much I don't know what I'd do without you. Are you all still joining us for dinner tomorrow?" Luke asks "Wouldn't miss it for the world." Ashton smiles "See you guys tomorrow!" Calum says as he and Ashton close the front door behind him.

Luke and Alexis are wrapped in each other not bothered with the movie playing any more. "I'm glad I found you again Alexis, I'm glad you forgave me when Gemma kissed me, I'm gla you accepted my proposal, I'm glad you married me, I'm glad we have two beautiful children together. I'm just glad to have you in my life. I love you." Luke softly kisses Alexis' forehead as she responds "I love you too Luke."

~The end~