𝚡𝚒𝚒.

𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙵𝚘𝚛 𝚈𝚊𝚜𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚘

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

Yashiro's going to die. She was injected with the most lethal poison in his possession.

Amane couldn't shake those words off his head. He forced himself to continue the meeting after the talk with Mitsuba and Mei. Mitsuba proved to be really useful in providing information to the Wonders that they almost forgave him for siding with Tsukasa for a second. Almost.

Shortly after the meeting, Mitsuba bid them farewell to head to the hospital to check on Kou.

Amane tried to carry out the rest of the day with a smile. He pretended not to know anything, but a simple look at or from Yashiro would drive him insane. She's going to die. He can't make himself forget. Why can't he forget?!

Did Tsukasa know that Amane had a crush on Yashiro, the adorable Detective Daikon? No. He shouldn't know. Nobody knows. Not even the young Minamoto boy. Was Tsukasa perhaps just lucky..?

And there was that other matter. Tsukasa and his gang were in this city? Was that why they were on the train that day? After the attack, it was as if they had disappeared. It's not possible they could have hidden on the train, since Yashiro, Mitsuba, Mei, and Amane checked the entire train looking for them.

There were so many things going wrong.

By dusk, Amane ended the meeting. At least they had somewhat of a lead to this case. The Wonders all retreated to the door at the far end of the meeting room, where the Wonders' rooms were. There were only seven rooms, so Yashiro had to stay in Amane's room during her stay in this city. It wasn't like Yashiro had much of a choice - she was uncomfortable with the other Wonders and Amane wanted to keep a close eye on her.

"Wow, your room looks so cute!" Yashiro commented upon entering the room with her suitcase in hand. Amane's room was simple - posters and other notes for cases dominated the walls, and the ceiling was littered with lots of glow-in-the-dark stars and planets. Amane also had a couch in the middle of the room and a bed. There were no windows, but it was still bright.

"I don't usually clean... or even stay here..." Amane chuckled sheepishly while propping his suitcase on his bed. All you have to do is relax, Amane. "You can sleep on the bed. I'm sleeping on the couch." As soon as he said those words, Amane dove head-first onto his blue couch, sighing in a relaxed manner. He felt like he was going crazy with paranoia.

She's going to die. What do I do? No, Mei said she'll work on a cure. Mei is the Wonders' best healer, so Yashiro should be fine. She should be fine... right?

"You look pale," Yashiro peered over from the bed to Amane on the couch with a worried expression written across her face. "Is something on your mind?"

"I'm just worried about Tsukasa being in this city," Amane lied with a smile. "It's going to rain later, anyway. I saw incoming rainclouds before we went inside the library."

"You really love space, don't you?" Yashiro took off her detective cap and turned her head towards the ceiling, staring at the mini stars with interest.

"Ever since I was a little kid, yeah," Amane replied.

"Remember the first time we met?" Yashiro stopped looking at the ceiling at sat on the other side of the couch away from Amane. "Tsuchigomori didn't trust you in investigating Misaki's murder. What did you do?"

"So it's question-and-answer time, then?"

"I mean!" Yashiro's cheeks flushed a slight red in embarrassment. "I was just curious, but you don't have to answer if you don't want to-"

Amane laughed as he took off his bomber jacket and threw it over his suitcase. "No, no, I'll tell you. We were working on this hostage case once, when Teru and I were teamed up. There was a bomb implanted in the bathroom. I accidentally detonated the bomb at the wrong time and blew up the building's toilets. Luckily, I didn't die. Teru couldn't forgive me, though - he was drenched in toilet water."

Yashiro laughed as well upon hearing the story of the exploding toilets. "Oh, my! I can only imagine how Minamoto-senpai reacted. Did he scare you?"

Amane thought about it while giggling. "Hmm... just a bit. He's still mad about it to this day, even though that was six months ago." Amane noticed Yashiro's phone in her hands, the screen displaying a name with a call button underneath. Aoi Akane.

"You're not going to call your friend?" Amane asked, leaning close to her to look at the screen.

Yashiro immediately closed her phone as if by instinct and nodded. "I was thinking of telling her how things went earlier, but there's so much to tell! I haven't told her about the train incident, though. I think she's worried about me."

"I'm worried about you too, you know?" Here goes nothing, Yugi Amane. Amane wrapped his arms around Yashiro's waist to pull her closer and dug his face in her hair and on her right shoulder.

"A-About me?" Yashiro didn't know what to do. She didn't like the fact that she was being hugged suddenly by Amane... yet she didn't want to push him away, either. Geez, Nene, what's wrong with you? "Why is that so?"

"Well..." Amane managed to say, "you were awesome at that meeting earlier, and Mitsuba said that Tsukasa was going to be in this town. I just thought that... I should protect you more."

"Amane?" Yashiro asked, but the Wonder only hugged her. She had no choices (and it was of her free will) left to hug him back. Her hands pulled at his belt to bring him closer, and she rested her chin on his shoulder.

Alright, feelings... it's just for this one night.

"I swear that I'm not going to let anything happen to you."