17

My feet touched the ground and I was laid down gently. I opened my eyes to see (Y/n) staring down at me before turning to Eggman.

"Kill him! Finish him off! You dumb creature!"Eggman yelled.

(Y/n) walked over to a large tree. She pulled it out the ground before launching it at Eggman. It hit him and he went flying until I couldn't see him anymore.

(Y/n), still all black, walked over and dropped to her knees beside me.

"(Y/n)?"I said softly. I cupped her cheek and she sniffled. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Sonic,"she said. The black on her fur slowly began to disappear and her eyes became normal.

I slowly sat up as she cried. I hugged her gently and stroked her hair. "(Y/n), it's okay. You couldn't-"

"Y-You have to kill m-me now."

I looked at her teary (e/c) eyes. She took my hand and wrapped it around her throat. "Sonic, you have to do it. You promised me!"she cried.

"I-I'm not going to kill you, (Y/n). I've missed you this entire time,"I said softly, taking away my hand. "I hurt the others! I hurt you! Look at you! I can't stay alive if I'm just going to hurt people like this,"she sobbed.

"(Y/n), you couldn't control yourself. It's not your fault and I'm not going to kill you,"I said firmly. She sniffled before standing up.

"I-If you won't do it then..."

She looked over at the cliff ledge before sprinting towards it. Despite the pain in my body, I pushed myself off the ground and ran behind her.

I wrapped my arms around her just before she could jump and pulled her back into solid ground. I landed on my back with her on top of me, her back towards me.

"No! L-Let me go! I want to jump!"she screamed and kicked. She elbowed my rib and I groaned in pain.

"STOP IT!"I yelled. She began to calm down so I let her go and she sat beside me. I sat up.

"I'm not killing you and I'm not going to watch you die! I know what I promised but I'm breaking it. I'm not letting you go again."

"But...But I'm a m-monster.

"I don't care and I'm sure the others don't either. When you left, it hurt even more than this. It hurt all of us. I can heal my injuries but I couldn't heal my heart. I'd given up completely on everything because I thought I lost you forever. (Y/n), I love you."

(Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes glossed over and tears streamed down without warning. Her chin began to tremble so I gently pulled her in for a hug. I stroked her hair as she sobbed into my chest.

"I-I love you t-t-too."

Amy ran over and pulled (Y/n) from my arms. She wrapped her in a tight hug. (Y/n) gave me a surprised look but I only gave her the same one back.

"This is all my fault! I'm so so sorry! I was just so mad that you made Sonic happy! You were nothing but nice to me and I treated you like shit!"Amy sniffled.

(Y/n) hesitated before hugging her back. "I-It's okay, Amy. I forgive you,"she said softly. (Y/n) smiled brightly before looking up at me. I smiled back.

Five months later: (Y/n)'s POV~

I looked up into the gray sky, frozen droplets of water drifting down. My scarf was more than enough to keep me warm, but if Sonic found me out here in only a scarf, a long sleeve shirt, and jeans, he would flip.

I smiled as I thought of my darling boyfriend. Always caring and kind. Overprotective, yes, but it's sweet. Most of the time.

The door opened behind me and a fluffy blanket was tossed on top of my head. My vision was obscured until I pulled it off and looked up.