8

(Y/n)'s hand didn't leave mine as we strolled down the sidewalk. She gently swung our intertwined hands back and forth.

The wind blew mildly, making me notice that the once humid, sticky air was now cooling down.

I guess fall is coming a little early this year.

"Sonic, thank you for taking me to the bookstore. I know I can be a bit bothersome when I'm excited."

"What? No! Its fine. I'm happy to do anything with you."

(Y/n) looked up at me and smiled, walking a bit closer to me. "I have the same feeling for you. I enjoy your company very much. It makes me feel...like I belong,"she said. Giving a small hum, her smile depreciated a bit.

"It's the first time I've ever felt that,"she continued.

Not knowing what to say, I watched as her smile lit up again. She took my arm and slung it over her shoulders, making me hug her close. (Y/n) wrapped her arm around my waist.

Our steps synchronized and we walked to an unspoken rhythm.

"You're quiet,"she pointed out. I chuckled. "Yeah. Sorry about that,"I smiled apologetically.

A few minutes later, we reached the bookstore. (Y/n) flung from my grip and sped to the informational section.

I tried to follow, but she was like a speeding bullet, glancing quickly at books on the shelves then heading over to the next aisle.

I finally caught up to her when I found her flipping through a thick book.

"Whatcha got there?"I asked. Closing the book, she thrust the cover of it into my face.

"It's an informational, educational book on butterflies! All the different types and information on all of them! This is exactly what I wanted!"she squeaked.

"That's good that you got what you wanted but why butterflies?"I asked, moving the book aside.

Giving me that dazzling smile, she clutched the book to her chest.

"When I was stuck with Doctor Eggman, he experimented on them often. I was incredibly astonished at how much beauty and symmetry went into the wings. I was too afraid to ask for the name of those mystifying, winged creatures."

She flipped open the book and scoured through the pages before stopping on a certain one.

Turning the book for me to look at, she point at the name and picture. "It was this one...the Polyommatus icarus,"she smiled.

I bent down to take a good look at the picture before looking up at (Y/n). Our faces were a few inches apart. I blushed heavily as she grinned.

"Your face is red."

I backed away from her, turning to hide my face. "Y-Yeah, well...let's go on and check out if that's the only book you want,"I muttered, loud enough for her to hear.

She took my hand and pulled me up to the register. I paid for her book then we left the store, my hand still in hers.

Throughout the day, we visited various places. Other bookstores, music shop, and restaurants. By the time we were ready for our voyage back home, (Y/n) had many bags filled various goodies.

She also wore my bottom up shirt. She said she was getting cold earlier so I let her wear it. She looked adorable in it. It was way too big and it was almost as long as her dress.

As we walked out of town, we entered the wooded area that was between town and my neighborhood.

"Today was so much fun. Thank you, Sonic. I could never ask for a better day,"(Y/n) smiled.