I felt a very tight grip on my thigh beneath the table, I didn't have to look to know it was her secretly warning me to shut up. She had a really strong grip, it pinched but I ignored it.

"And sorry you said you were her... casual friend?" He touched upon my introduction earlier.

"Yeah, casual." I repeat without explanation.

"And what does that mean?"

"Whatever you want it to mean." I shrug and smile, Aven gripped my thigh harder, her long nails really digging in.

"Harry's my boss, he's just joking around." She speaks up while death gripping my thigh to purposely cause me pain.

I use my free hand to grab the top of hers, hoping to pry it off unnoticeably as my abs flexed.

"Yeah she's right," I clench her hand. "I'm just...kidding!" I yank her grip off my thigh but the impact makes the top of my hand whack the bottom of the table.

The table shook, Ryan looking abruptly at the surface.

"Leg spasms, happens all the time." I quickly cover up, holding her hand under the table by force so she couldn't pull away and pinch my skin anymore. "Have you guys ordered yet?"

"No, we were just about to look." He answers quickly, looking down at the laminated menu.

"Oh, great." I smile and lean forward to look at Aven's menu on the table. I wasn't actually interested in ordering anything, I was mainly here just to annoy the fuck out of the guy.

"Everything here looks so good." I roll my bottom lip between my two fingers, eyes glued to the menu even though I wasn't actually reading it. "Ryan what were you thinking on ordering?" I asked pensively.

"I'm not really sure yet..." He answer awkwardly while looking at his own menu. He probably is so confused on why I'm talking to him so much.

"Are you more into the top or the bottom?" I ask.

He looks up at me in heavy confusion.

"Sorry?"

"The menu," I point at it. "Are you more into the items at the top or the bottom of it." I clarify with a smile.

He blinked like he was still lost in why I worded that in the way I did, maybe he was even picking up what I actually meant.

"Personally the top of the menu always looks better to me, but Av you would disagree right?" I turn my head to look at her under my arm, she had a very pissed look on her face because she understood exactly what I was really meaning.

"Actually I think the top of the menu looks great." She tries to cover up my innuendo so Ryan wouldn't pick up what I'm trying to say about him.

"Oh baby, you don't have to say that cause your ex is here." I shake my head, flipping it around on her.

Her soft jaw suddenly clenched.

Immediately she yanks her hand out of mine from under the table, impulsively smacking me right in the dick with the back of her hand.