41

this was when I introduced duplicity at the end of devotion btw^
we've know the entire time;)

My lungs went airtight as the shivering in me went limp. I blink once, maybe twice, I don't really know. I was dead silent, I didn't have words all the sudden. What happened to my words? My eyes were dead locked on the window, but my actual vision was lost in space. Did I hear that correctly? He didn't say the mafia did he? I think I hit my head, nothing felt very real right now. Where even am I?

"Way to go Harry, you fried her brain." I heard Liam murmur from somewhere in the room.

"She's just taking it all in."

I swallowed the painful lump in my throat, it felt hitched. I was so lost, two words rotating through my quiet mind like a broken record.

"The mafia?" I spoke.

I pulled my eyes from space and focused just on Harry, who nodded in answer.

"The mafia." He confirmed.

This was more insane then I thought, why wasn't I freaking out?

My brain felt on overload, so I pressed my palms to my eye sockets. Everything felt like it was spinning and overall I was just so overwhelmed in every way by this. Part of me thought this was just a joke, but the tour busses being unloaded of drugs through the window told me otherwise.

"You're joking." I lift my head back up to look at them, this needs to be a joke.

"Nope." Harry flicks the red switch so the window turns back to a mirror. Man I looked pale in this white light, maybe I was going to be sick.

"The mafia is still a thing?" Was my question.

They all laughed interchangeably, but I was completely.

"Yes, it's very much a thing." Harry nodded.

"Oh my god this is insane." I put my head in my hands again. "I have so many questions."

"As you should." Harry implies, folding his hands together in front of him.

I lift my head back up.
"I thought you had to be Italian to be in the mafia?"

"To be in the Italian mafia yes." He nods.

"Okay so this is a different mafia?"

"Nope, same mafia." Harry states.

I'm confused.

I paused, glancing at each of them and waited for someone to elaborate but no one rewarded me that pleasure. There was just pure silence, they heard me right?

"Okay...so..."

"So what?" Harry arches his brow like I was the one missing something.

"You guys don't seem very Italian." I state the obvious.

"We aren't in the mafia, we work for the mafia." Harry clarifies, just making me more confused if it was possible.

"What's the difference?"

"There's different hierarchies in the mafia, most titles you need to have Italian blood in you. But not associates, associates can be any ethnicity. In simpler terms we are the outer ring of the mafia." Niall explains this time.

"And what does an associate do?"

"Whatever the mafia wants us to do, in our case it's tour the world as a fake rock band so we could traffic drugs, weapons, and money to different 'precincts' across the world. Associates are usually young like us, but members of the actual mafia are much older and handle more the business side of this industry because of their experience in the field. Our jobs are just to be wherever they need us to be, they plan and we take action." Harry explains.