[015]

CHAPTER FIFTEEN.

WITHOUT warning Harry grabs the sides of Evangeline's face, pulling her in close as he presses his rosy lips against hers

WITHOUT warning Harry grabs the sides of Evangeline's face, pulling her in close as he presses his rosy lips against hers. The kiss was euphoric, causing goosebumps to form all over her arms at the touch she's missed ever so much. She deepens the kiss, pulling on the roots of hair to inch him closer and closer to her tanned body. He pulls her petite body on top of his, causing her to straddle her legs over the sides of his waist. Things were getting more heated by the second but as soon as the thought of Maddie came into Evangeline's head, she pulled away panicking frantically before she got up and ran away.

"Eva!" Harry called after her, trying to chase her but she was too fast. She couldn't believe that she could've done such a thing to her sister, she felt so guilty and she regretted it so much. Or did she? What's worse was that Harry is the one that initiated the kiss and Evangeline knew she shouldn't have gone along with it but she couldn't help it, she was still in love with him. She ran as fast as her short legs could take her, making her way quickly back to Maddie's house up the road with Harry still chasing closely behind her.

She runs into the house, trying to slam the door shut but a foot stops it from closing. "Please Harry just go." She pleads, trying to catch her breath at the same time. Harry moistens his bottom lip as he pushes the door more open with his hand, Evangeline soon gave in and opened the door wide.

"No I need to know if you still have feelings for me. That moment on the beach was special, you can't deny that Eva." Harry demands her for an answer, giving a pleading look in his eyes. He needed to know how she felt about him—it would either give him closure to get married to Maddie or it would make him question whether he even wanted or go through the marriage at all.

"He's the guy isn't he." A shivering voice is heard from the corner of the room, Evangeline and Harry both look in the direction of the crying girl, Maddie. She stands back in shock with Lily and Elena staring at the awkward conversation they just heard with their own ears, they were all dressed and ready for the hen party. Evangeline walked up to her sister, trying to hold her hands to comfort her but she shifted them away. "Why wouldn't you tell me?"

"I'm so sorry Mads, I didn't want to ruin your relationship so I thought it would be best to just never tell you. I didn't want to upset or worry you." Evangeline tries to reassure her sister, making sure that she believes every word coming out of her mouth.

"Do you still have feelings for each other?" Maddie asks very sternly, crossing her arms as she taps her heel on the floor, impatiently waiting for an answer. There's only one thing Evangeline could say.