[006]

CHAPTER SIX.

EVANGELINE pretends to excuse herself to use the bathroom as she walks away trying so hard to fight the tears from falling from her eyes

EVANGELINE pretends to excuse herself to use the bathroom as she walks away trying so hard to fight the tears from falling from her eyes. Elena chases after her whilst shouting her name, soon grabbing her arm to pull her back once she was close enough. "I'm so sorry Eva, I tried to tell you." She apologises, pulling her friend in for a tight hug as she rubs her back gently to soothe her. Although her and Harry hadn't seen or kept in touch with each other for two years, she felt as if she had been betrayed. But to be fair Harry didn't know that they were sisters, they looked absolutely nothing alike and they didn't act the same either. Evangeline constantly thought in her head 'out of all people why did it have to be my own flesh and blood?'

"It's okay it's not your fault. I just I don't know what to do Elena." A small tear escaped her eye as she sniffled her nose, her friend lightly wiped the tear away before she gently caresses the side of her face with her hand.

"I think you should tell her Eva, you can't keep this from her forever." There was truth in what her friend was saying but she didn't want to break up their relationship because of her old feelings for the boy.

"I get what you're saying, I do. But I can't tell her, I don't want to be responsible for ruining their love. It's fine Elena, I'll be over it soon. I'm just in shock." And with that Evangeline walked away, she couldn't bare to talk about it any longer, it just made her want to drown herself away in alcohol and cry for the rest of the night into her pillow. But she had to pretend to be okay with it for her sisters sake of happiness.

Evangeline took the longer way back to Maddie's villa just to clear her head, she didn't know what to think. She had always thought that if she returned to Italy and saw Harry, they would instantly reconnect their love and finish where they left off. But that couldn't even be more further from the truth, her relationship with Harry was never ever going to happen again. He was going to make a life long commitment to her sister, they were going to be the ones that grow old together, start a family and a buy a house. Not Evangeline, she wasn't even in the picture anymore.

She soon arrives at the house, making her way to the guest room as she prepares to get ready for a dinner that Maddie has mentioned. All of their friends were going to be there to celebrate the love between Harry and Maddie. Evangeline really didn't want to go but it would look very weird to her sister if she made an excuse not to go to her sister's engagement celebration dinner. She was just going to have to suck it up and watch the man she loved with someone else.