Chapter Thirteen - Korrasami? More Like [Name] and Sakura

[Sasuke's P.O.V]

"So how long have you and [Name] been friends, huh? She seems really sweet." Sakura and I were en route to her place when she asked me about my friendship with [Name], and it made me grimace.

"Too long to remember," I said, shaking my head as I tried to keep focused on the road ahead. "All I know is that she's always been there; there's not a single memory of mine that doesn't have [Name] in it." As I looked at Sakura out of the corner of my eye, I saw a small smile upon her lips, making me furrow my brow in confusion.

"You're lucky to have a friend like [Name]," she sighed, leaning on her elbow and staring out the window. I chuckled under my breath.

"And why would that be?" I mused. "I'd list all the things that are wrong with her, but I don't think I'll ever have enough time."

"Aw, don't be like that, Sasuke! [Name] is really nice- it was thoughtful of her to try and... you know. Hook us up. Especially after you ditched her at the mall and made her look like a complete idiot." A smirk tugged at my lips; yup, I did love to make [Name] appear foolish. It's my specialty, after all.

"[Name] is an idiot who'll go out of her way to try and get me out of her hair," I sighed, rolling my eyes. "I've hung around with her for years- she's probably tired of me and my antics by now." Sakura shook her head.

"Nonsense! I can tell [Name] cares about you very much!" she exclaims. "She's... amazing." I raised an eyebrow at her.

"Please don't tell me you're considering leaving me for [Name]?" I joked, making Sakura laugh. "I don't want to end up the Mako to your Korrasami." 

We both burst into laughter, and Sakura squealed, "No, not at all, you idiot!"

"I'm pretty sure [Name]'s into boys," I added. "Besides, she's got Suigetsu. Honestly, I think we're better off like this. She's found someone, I've found someone- everybody's happy." I looked at Sakura to give her a reassuring smile, but then I saw her fiddling anxiously with her hands in her lap, making me raise an eyebrow in curiosity.

"Yes...?" I asked warily, unsure of what was causing Sakura's awkward behaviour. Sakura shrugged a little, shaking her head.

"I was just... wondering... did you and [Name] ever... date?"

"Haha, no. We've always been friends, and always will be. I don't think either of us want to ruin our friendship," I chuckled remembering all the crazy and insane things [Name] had done during the course of our friendship. True, she was good company, but I just didn't see her as girlfriend material. I'm pretty sure she never saw me in a romantic light, either, so everything was fine.

"Oh."

"Sakura, if you're worried about me falling for [Name] while dating you, then you don't have to worry," I said in an encouraging voice. "Trust me. I've dated plenty of girls in the past, and not once did I ever see [Name] as a potential competitor to them. You'll be fine- [Name] and I are just friends. I like you." I wasn't sure if that made Sakura feel any better, but she did smile, so I guess that counted for something.

"Ah, okay," she sighed, letting out a breath. "I'm glad you like me, Sasuke. I like you too."

I couldn't help but mentally thank [Name]- this was the longest relationship I'd had so far, and it was all because of her that it was possible.

I thought, Maybe Sakura is right. Maybe I am lucky to have a friend like [Name].

A/N: I just found out about Korrasami yesterday [from the Legend of Korra 😍] and it just seeped its way into this chapter omfg. Korrasami ❤ And thanks to all who are reading this, I love you! cx