Chapter Three - Only Time Will Tell

"Sasuke, you're a grown man. So man up, and go ask her!"

"[Name], I don't even know her fucking name."

"So? Just go compliment her on her hair or something!"

"I hate pink."

"So?"

"Fuck you."

Sasuke and I were sitting at a table in the food court, carefully watching a girl with long, light pink hair dressed in a red dress with a long black over coat, black stockings, and cute brown boots. Somehow, she just stood out from the crowd, and I knew then and there that Sasuke had to ask her out. She was standing in line at McDonalds, eyes scanning the electronic menu above as she waited with a brown handbag in her grip. I turned to the Uchiha and flicked him in the forehead.

"Language," I said warningly. "Now, you go up and make conversation, or I will." He leaned back in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest. I groaned, and stood up.

"My way it is." Within seconds, I was at the mystery girl's side, and I tapped her on the shoulder.

She looked at me almost instantly, and as soon as I saw her eyes, I knew it was game over. They were a beautiful shade of jade, and her eyes just had the prettiest shape ever. Looking at her, I knew that Sasuke would instantly hit it off with her.

"Hi! I'm [Name], and, um..." I lowered my voice and pointed over my shoulder at the moody Uchiha. "My friend there, he's a bit shy, but he's actually been admiring you for a while now, and it's killing me not seeing him do anything!" 

The girl let out a light laugh, elegantly covering her mouth with a pale hand. She looked over my shoulder, obviously interested in finding out who this secret admirer was.

"Oh, really? Which one?" she asked, eyes scanning the crowd.

"The gloomy looking one with hair that looks like a cockatoos ass," I said, turning around to show her. "That guy over th- oh, for fuck's sake."

"Problem?" giggled the girl, looking amused at my reaction. I faced her with a weak smile on my face.

"He ran out on me, the little shit," I said with a forced smile. "Could I have your name and number instead, then? I'll make that asshole text you and stop being such a little pansy."

She laughed, rummaging in her bag for a pen and paper. Upon the discovery of these items, she quickly jotted down her digits and gave me the paper with a small smile.

"My name's Sakura," she said kindly. "Sakura Haruno. I look forward to meeting your friend." I grinned as I pocketed the paper, nodding at Sakura.

"Nice to meet you, Sakura. And don't worry, I'll make him talk to you, whether he likes it or not," I said with a hint of threat in my voice. "Bye now."

"Bye."

It was when I was walking away from her that a thought struck me- what sane girl would give out her name and number to another person she didn't even properly know?

"Wow, she'd be perfect for Sasuke," I snorted, putting my hands in the pockets of my coat and began striding around the mall in search of my duck butt haired friend. Whether he liked it or not, he would ask Sakura out on a date, find true love, settle down and have kids, preferably naming his oldest daughter [Name]. And he would finally be out of my hair, once and for all.

But eh. Only time would tell.