Chapter Seven - Bros Before Hoes

"How was iiiiiiiiiiit? Huh, Sasuke? Huh?! Huh?!"

"..."

Silence from the other end of the line. My heart dropped a little, just like my smile. I waited for what seemed to be another eon before I finally got a reply from my duck-butt haired friend. It was late on Saturday night and I was lounging around my bedroom, lying in all sorts of positions on my bed as I spoke to Sasuke on the phone. And, much to my surprise, he'd called me first, which made my prying so much easier.

"... We're going on another date next week." 

I'm not joking you when I say I leapt up like a madman and screamed so loudly the neighbours would've thought I was being murdered with a pair of disposable chopsticks.

"Sasuke, that's awesome!!" I squealed, beginning to jump up and down on my bed like the teenage girl I never was five years ago. "Where are you taking her?!"

"... I don't know." I scoffed into the phone, rolling my eyes.

"You're such a lost case, Sasuke! Okay, but first things first, how was the date?! I'm guessing it was good?! What happened? Did you click straight away?!"

"She's better than you, that's for sure."

"Hmph! Well sorry for you Mr Heartbreak Boy, but I was never interested in the market, okay? Any common interests? Learn much about each other? Gotten used to her hair?!"

"We were in a movie, [Name], there's not much talking to do when you're in a theater," he said rather dully, obviously no longer interested in fangirling over our conversation like I was. "But we did go out for lunch after."

"DID YOU KISS?!"

"What?! No, what the hell, [Name]?! I don't kiss on first dates, you should know by now!"

"First things first!-"

"- I'm the realest-!" I laughed as Sasuke and I both sang the lyrics at the same time, and even though he sounded reluctant about it, I swore I could've heard him chuckle, I could've sworn.

"No, shut up!" I giggled, silencing the Uchiha. "Okay, first things first, do you two share anything in common?"

"Not much, but I found her interesting enough. She seemed to have her head screwed on tight, unlike the other girls I've dated." I pumped my fist in the air, hollering at nothing in particular.

"It's because I chose her, hell yeah! And before the official date on Friday, why don't you two just hang out all casual like and stuff? You know- just so it's not some stuffy presentational relationship, but an actual, real thing!"

"Presentational relationship?"

"You know what I meant! Anyway, when are you next free to hang out with Sakura?"

"The only time I'm free before Saturday is when you and I are supposed to go looking for new shower curtains to replace the ones I ruined, remember?"

"Oh! Scratch that, I can do that on my own! Instead of hanging out with me this Wednesday, meet up with Sakura for lunch! It doesn't have to be a date, just a casual meet up!"

"Ever heard of the phrase 'bros before hoes?'" Sasuke mused. I groaned and threw my head back, tousling my mane of hair as I did so.

"I have, and that's exactly what I'm doing. I'm putting you, my bro, before any other hoe who tries to fuck with us. Got it?"

"Tch. So you're telling me to cancel on you so I can take Sakura for lunch?"

"Basically."

"Aren't you just the bestest friend?"