Chapter Twelve - First Base

"Hey, duckbutt! Where are you headed after this?" 

After a tiring but fun day at the zoo, Sasuke, Sakura, Suigetsu and I stood at the exit, saying our goodbyes before parting ways. He looked away with a small frown, and beside him, Sakura's face was a pale shade of pink, making me raise my eyebrow in curiosity.

"...?"

"Actually, Sakura and I came together," he said gruffly. "We might... I don't know, find something to do. Why?" 

Internally, I was squealing, but kind of disappointed. I had been hoping we could both have a one on one conversation that night, seeing as we hadn't had the time lately to do so. I shook my head with a smile.

"Nah, just asking," I grinned, hiding my disappointment. "Skipping first base already, are we?" I snorted as their faces shot straight to bright crimson, and they began to splutter with indignity.

"Wh-wh-"

"N-no! Of c-course n-not!" I laughed and punched Sasuke in the chest, shaking my head. With an embarrassed grunt, he pushed me away and grabbed Sakura's hand before beginning to march away.

"V-very funny, [N-Name]!" he snapped, pulling Sakura away. She looked over her shoulder and gave a small, "bye!" before being whisked away by Sasuke into the carpark. I raised a hand in reply, still laughing.

"Bye, you two!" I waved, giggling as I watched them reach Sasuke's car. "Have fun!" Once they were out of sight, I sighed and turned back to Suigetsu, who was silently watching with amusement etched across his face.

"Where are you headed after this?" he asked cheekily, poking me in the shoulder. I let out a light laugh and shrugged him off with an "I don't know," look on my face.

"Home? I'll probably just loaf around the house and kill my brain cells by staring at my laptop screen for the rest of the day," I said boredly. Being on break from university isn't a very glamorous situation, especially when you've got next to no money, and all your friends are busy with their own lives. I consider it a stroke of luck that I'd even met Suigetsu; I mean, it had taken me a few weeks to adjust to my current friends, and considering Suigetsu and I hit it off in under an hour, I thought he was pretty special in his own right.

"That sounds dreadfully boring," he said, poking his tongue out at me. "Why don't we go out and do something more entertaining, and less brain-damaging?"

"As in...?" Suigetsu chuckled and crossed his arms over his chest, eyebrow raised.

"You don't strike me as the outdoorsy kind of person," he pointed out, scratching at his chin. I scowled.

"Of course not! I live for the Internet!" I scoffed, crossing my own arms. He rolled his eyes.

"How about I follow you to your place so you can drop off your car, and then we can go somewhere in mine. Ever heard of a park?" I groaned and threw my head back, clutching my eyes.

"B-but I have a date with my laptop!" I cried in agony. "Parks are for old fashioned people!"

"Nonsense! Come on, the fresh air will be good for you!" he pleaded. "Do you usually hang out with Sasuke?"

"I used to, but he's busy with Sakura now, so my laptop and WiFi are my best friends," I huffed, blowing a loose strand of hair out of my face. "Life sucks."

"Well, not anymore," beamed Suigetsu. "Let's get going now, eh? I bet you Sasuke and Sakura are busy with their own things." I laughed as we began walking away to our respective cars together.

"What do you think it'd be like if they had a kid???"

"Hmm... I wouldn't hope Sasuke's personality upon any of them, but Sakura is a beauty..."

"What's that, Suigetsu? Do you have a crush on Sakura?"

"What?! No, of course n-"

"I'M TELLING SASUKE ON YOU! SASUKE! SAAAAAASUKE!"

"[NAME]!"

"YOU CAN'T MAKE ME GO TO SOME STUPID PARK AND THAT'S FINAL!!"

"THAT'S COMPLETELY OFF- [NAME]!"