Chapter Eight - Bed, Bath and Beyond

Just like I advised him to do, Sasuke cancelled our plans to go buy my new shower curtains and took out Sakura. Now, I wasn't the type of person who knew what on earth to buy, so as soon as I walked into Bed, Bath and Beyond, you wouldn't believe how relieved I was to be approached by one of the workers, dressed in a casual black button up shirt with the store logo printed on the left breast with a name tag just under it, and black skinny jeans. He had gorgeous purple eyes, and shoulder length hair the colour of snow.

"Hello there, Miss! May I be of assistance to you today?"

 As the male drew closer to me, I managed to get a glimpse of his name tag. Suigetsu. Letting out a small breath, I smiled and nodded at him, tucking my hands into the pockets of my baggy sports sweater.

"Uh, yeah, I'm kinda looking for some shower curtains?" I asked innocently, my mind already jumping to questions he might ask. What happened to your shower curtains? Were you having a shower with someone and ended up tearing them down? Or did you- I shook off my thoughts. What the hell? Thankfully, he didn't ask any questions like that, but merely nodded and beckoned for me to follow him to the back of the store.

"We have many different designs here, what colour are you after?" he asked politely, leading me down an aisle of curtains folded and packed into clear bags with labels on them. I tapped my chin, and began scanning the shelves for any [favourite colour] curtains.

"Um, [f/c]?" I asked, crouching down to examine the lower shelves. Suigetsu pulled a couple of packages from the top shelf and crouched down beside me, holding them out with a smile. I took note of how sharp his teeth looked, and if I do say so myself, at the time I was just like o.o

"Oh, wow, these are nice!" I said, taking them from him and returning his smile. He nodded and got back to his feet, holding out a hand to help me up. Of course I took it, and stood up with my choice of curtains in hand. "Thanks for the help, um, Suigetsu!" 

He chuckled and smiled at me, flashing his teeth once more. I tried not to cringe at the thoughts of teeth like his biting into me, or anyone else, for that matter. His poor girlfriend. Ouch.

"Thank you for shopping with us, uh...?" He raised an eyebrow at me, and it took me a while to figure out that he was hinting for my name.

"A-Ah, [Name]," I quickly said, smiling at him as we began walking to the counter together.

"[Name]. That's a nice name," he said, outstretching an arm and pointing to a counter where a woman about his age, with red hair and black glasses, was busy scanning items for an elderly lady with a basket full of towels and bed sheets. "Karin there should be able to help you with your curtains. Thank you for shopping with us."

"Thank you for sticking around?" I said in a joking tone, shaking my head as I stepped into line behind the old woman. The redhead, Karin, looked up at me, and as soon as she caught sight of my face, she frowned. 

I jumped when I felt Suigetsu lean closer to me and whisper "Don't mind her. She can be a little bitchy at times," before he walked away with a grin, ready to greet the next customer to come in the store. Sure enough, as soon as the elderly lady before me hobbled out with her bags of towels, I heard Suigetsu's voice say "Hello there! How may I help you today?"

"Is that all for today?" asked Karin boredly as I put down my shower curtains. I nodded and watched as she took the package and scanned it, before pulling out a plastic bag and shoving it in. As I reached out for it, she suddenly held it to her chest and said in a low voice "you're Sasuke's friend, aren't you?!"

"...Uchiha?" She literally hissed at me, and I felt so confused. "Yeah, I know Sasuke..."

"Who's that new girl he's hanging out with?" she asked acidly, raising an eyebrow at me. I let out a small snort.

"Sakura. They're dating," I said proudly. "Can I please have my curtains?" She looked like she wanted to eliminate me on the spot, but after hearing Suigetsu call out "Karin!" from behind me, she reluctantly handed over my bag and muttered, "have a nice day." Suigetsu met up with me as I made to exit, gently placing a hand on my shoulder.

"I hope Karin didn't bother you?" he asked seriously, brow furrowed in a worried frown. I shook my head, beaming.

"No, it's fine," I said. He nodded, and pointed to something on the ground. It looks like a little white card.

"You dropped something." I bent down to pick it up, snorting.

"It's not m- Suigetsu?" I stood up, but the sharp toothed man was gone. Frowning, I flipped over the card in my hands and had a read.

we should catch up sometime.
xxx-xxxxxx-xx
-Suigetsu

I chuckled, and tucked the card into my pocket. Smooth move. Smooth move.

A/N: The x's are supposed to be his number because I can't be bothered making one up hahaha. And don't you worry, you and Sasuke will end up together soon enough! >.<