chapter 14

-naruto pov-

"Oh, hi Naruto! Come in, was there smothing you needed?" Temari asks.

"Oh, um, I just came to check on Gaara, since I didn't before dinner. She nods her head. As I was walking over, I made the same hand signs, and put two fingers on his forehead entering his mindscape.

"No, please! Have mercy, I promised I would listen to my jinchuriki, please!" Shukaku said.

"What did you do to him?" I asked Kurama. He laughed darkly

"There was a reason I told you not to come in with me." He responded.

"You know what? I don't want to know. But are you sure he won't cause any more trouble?"

"No, he won't. Trust me." He said smiling sadistically.

"Anyway, why are you helping him in the first place?" I ask the kyuubi.

"I'm only helping because you seem to have taking a liking to the boy." He said smugly, causing my face to go red. I wanted to yell a response, but I ended up just mumbling under my breath. Once all was settled, I went back to my own mind with Kurama.

"Shukaku won't be a problem anymore. Whatever Kurama did to him last time scared him to the point he was begging for mercy. So you should be fine." They seemed happy about that, except Gaara from what I could see, he remained straight faced.

"Thank you again." Temari said.

"Yeah, thanks and all, but how do we know you won't steal our scroll in the middle of the night?" Kankuro asks.

"That's rude!" Temari says, hitting Kankuro on the back of the head.

"No, I can see why you would ask that. But, I already have both scrolls. As do you." I said taking out a heaven and earth scroll from a seal on my arm. They nodded.

"What about the other teams?" Temari asks.

"I want Hinata to pass, and Shikamaru isn't bad either. So, I'll go out and get them and their teams a scroll when their asleep." Kankuro scoffed.

"Do you really think you can just easily steal two scrolls?" He asks, doubt laced in his voice. Surprisingly, Gaara spoke up.

"He seems very capable to me. More then he is letting on." Was that a compliment?! wow. His siblings seemed shocked too.

"Um... Th-thanks?" Dammit, that sounded more like a question! And did I just stutter?!

"Well, um, if you need anything just come to see me in my room. I'll leave to get the scrolls at three."

"What about sleep?" The blond asks.

"I do that in the day. I can never fall asleep at night unless I was training right before." They nod.

"Well, thanks again." Temari said as I walked out. After the door shut behind me, I turned around and saw Hinata waiting for me.

"Sorry, but, um, there aren't any more spare rooms." Hinata sais scratching the back of her head.

-Kiba pov-

I was in the room across from Gaara, and I heard Hinata tell Naruto she didn't have a room. I couldn't help myself, so I opened the door a crack and peeked out. I saw a smirk come across Naruto's face, and he whispered something into her ear. Hinata turned bright red and started shaking her head.

"No! nonononononononono no no no!" She said. Naruto laughed.

"Why not, you know you want to." He said smugly. That bastard! I opened my door and marched up to him, grabbing his collar. He didn't retaliate.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I said loudly in his face.

"K-Kiba!" Hinata said.

"Hinata, you shouldn't let him force you to sleep with him! Even if you are dating!" I growled. She looked confused for a second, and then laughed.

"We aren't dating." She said inbetween giggles. I let go of Naruto's collar.

"Then.. why... wh... Wait, that's even worse!" I yelled in his face. Naruto sighed.

"Her last name is now uzumaki." He said. Oh. So They were engaged. Something inside of me shattered a little at that thought. It was probably some aranged marrage, but it still hurt. I didn't know the tears were falling until Hinata asked if I was ok.

"C-Congrats on your engagement." I said quietly. Why was I crying? Then, that damn bastard Naruto started to laugh. Was he just mocking me?!

"We aren't engaged, Kiba." Hinata said giggling. Now I was just really confused.

"Can I tell him?" Naruto asked Hinata, and she nodded.

"Well, Hinata didn't like how the main branch was dealing with the side branches of the family, so she revoked her name as hier to the clan. Then, only two days ago, I got the hokage to make her my sister on paper." He said. I looked over to her and she nodded in agreement.

"Oh... well then... um, sorry for that Naruto, I should be thanking you." Goddamit! I'm so stupid! But, I did have a new sense of respect for Naruto now.

"She was basically my sister already. Also, please don't tell anyone. No one knows except for her father the clan head, us, and the hokage." I nodded.

"So, where will she be sleeping anyway? probably in your room, right?" Why am I even asking this?

"No, she can't sleep in my room, I'll be up training all night. But she can sleep in your room?" He said.

"No no! It's fine! There's a couch downstairs I'll just-"

"Sure!" Shit. I just agreed to her sleeping in my room! Then, Hinata fainted. Why does she keep doing that? Naruto just dissapeared, so I dragged her to my room and layed her down on the bed. I was not sleeping on the floor, so I layed down on the other side.

"Goodnight, Hinata."

All of you still reading this are masochists. Thanks anyway!

975 words