18. smarts & the arts.

"why, isn't it the brown family !"the redhead girl exclaimed, walking closer to the other teenagers who made their way towards her in a wagon

the redhead girl exclaimed, walking closer to the other teenagers who made their way towards her in a wagon.

sadie made her way down the road, in attempt to meet the crew and hopefully catch a ride with them to school, as she did every morning.

"aand a wolfhard."
she stated, crossing her arms as the carriage approached.

the curly headed boy drove the team, clicking his tongue in encouragement to the horses that pulled it.

he did not attend the small school in the village, but instead he worked in a mill , near to the building where the others were taught.

finn worked long enough every day for noah and sadie (now adding millie), to finish the school day, before driving them home where he was to finish his other work at the brown farmhouse.

the boy trailed on for long hours into each day, sweating as the sun beat down on him, causing sunburns to form amongst the freckles.

millie and noah sat in the back of the carriage as he drove, whispering amongst eachother.

sadie scowled, smiling the entire way through as she shook her head.

she ran alongside the wagon, before grabbing ahold of millie's hand and pulling herself up to rest on a seat.

"hitchhiking is illegal, sades. we aren't allowed to pick up hobos."
noah snickered, doing a small handshake with the girl who frowned in dismay.

"you're one to talk, hobo. more like, 'no'bo."
the redhead snapped, making a very un-funny rhyme comparison with the two words.

"not clever, sades."
the boy slung an arm around the girl's shoulders, chuckling at her in her frustration.

"why noah dear, is that dirt i spy on your cheek? who's the real hobo?"
she stuck her finger out, poking the smudge of earth on his cheek.

noah scowled, pulling his head farther away from hers.

"no shit, sherlock. i live on a farm, if you haven't noticed."
he replied, hiding his giant smile that the girl had influenced.

"yeah, there's a lot of dirty things on our farm."
finn added from the front of the wagon, smirking widely.

"like the dirt !"
millie squealed from the seat behind him, completely clueless.

"yes love, like the dirt."
the curly haired boy reassured her, his smirk turning into a goofy smile in which he tried to hide as well.

sadie shook her head, a sour expression of confusion on her face as she held back a giant laugh.

the aging wagon made its way down the dirt road, entering the village as the sun rose higher in the sky.