17. little things, little one.

morning dawned apon the small farmhouse on the hill, the sunlight peering through the lace curtains and onto the girl, who slept peacefully

bluebirds fluttered their wings as lively frogs sang from the creek, a new day.

she twitched her nose as the morning air whispered a simple "hello".

this was the mark of a new week, a fresh start.

monday.

the girl's eyes fluttered open, widening as she stretched her back.

she pulled the fresh , cream sheets closer to her chest, the smooth fabric brushing against her nearly bare shoulder.

the chills of the air entered the room, from the window that was cracked open slightly, the curtains flowing with the breeze.

the atmosphere felt clean and new, without a hint of stress and clutter.

millie inhaled through her nose, clearing her sinuses.

she smelt the hint of the lovely scent that flowed up the stairs, being a pastry fresh of some sort out of the wood stove , mixed with homegrown apples and peaches.

there was also a faint hint of the perfume she had applied the night before, after bathing.

the rain had cleansed her, but it didn't quite do the job as well as a basin of clear, warm water from the stream.

the soap available for her to use was a homemade remedy of lavender, herbs, and other mixtures.

millie took her wrist and held it to her button nose, inhaling the scent that stuck to her fair skin.

she smelled of lavender, rainfall, vanilla and apricots.

this was the new aroma of home, if it were possible to have a designated smell.

she could perhaps make a candle from the air and hold it with her where ever she went, always keeping a home with her at all times.

maybe she could sell the candle, earning millions in pay from citizens longing for the smell of a comforting home that they indeed felt safe amongst.

"millie dear , breakfast ! you will leave in forty minutes for school."
winona called up the wooden stairs, her caring voice echoing in the halls.

the girl replied a respectful "alright" , before slowly crawling out of the bed and folding the sheets over, smoothing the creases of the silk and fluffing the goose feather pillows.

she raised her arms to the sky, stretching every muscle before tiptoeing to the wooden closet and picking a simple cherry red dress with small polka dots here and there down the bust of the fabric.

millie grabbed her small clasped pouch full of personal care items, before creaking the bedroom door open and strolling down the hall to the bathroom.