7. boys will be boys.

"lingered at what?"iris pushed the subject, and millie squirmed under her stare

"lingered at what?"
iris pushed the subject, and millie squirmed under her stare.

her freshly polished boots dug into the earth below her as she picked at the ring on her thumb.

she felt very intimidated by this new threat, though so far, she had done nothing to harm such a girl as herself.

"well-"
millie began to speak, but sadie came to her rescue soon enough.

"a worm."
the redhead said bluntly.

"your stare lingered.. at a worm?"
iris was not buying this new piece of information.

"well i-"
millie again, attempted to respond to the question.

"yes, it did. her head was in the clouds and she didn't realize that she was staring, so we teased her about having a worm fetish."
sadie exclaimed, for she was very good at making up things on the spot, though it sounded quite dumb.

"what was that ladies?"
winona walked around the carriage waiting for them.

"oh, nothing, winny."
iris formed a strained smile, showing no teeth.

"let's get going, then."
mrs. hopper shook her head and climbed on, taking a seat in the back.

"oH, nOtHiNg WiNnY."
sadie mimicked her twin sister's voice, making the same face she had made beforehand.

millie giggled quietly under her breath, biting the inside of her cheek so she did not show any obvious emotion, in fear of the blonde nightmare seated feet away.

"come along, sadie, millie."
the brunette woman with her hair tied back discreetly in a bun called again.

the boy with loose sleeves and hair that fell over his eyes walked out from behind the wagon as well, after helping noah onto it, and placing his wheelchair below his feet.

sadie looked back at the flustered brunette, a mischievous expression that millie did not know quite how to analyze on her face, before climbing onto the wagon effortlessly.

"back where it all began, daisy?"
he brought attention to the fact that they had met on this very carriage.

finn had a grin spread across his face as millie stared up at the carriage before she got on.

he walked closer to her, stopping several inches away.

"yes."
she said quietly, grabbing ahold of the railing and attempting to climb.

"no, let me help. it's a gentleman's pleasure. plus, you couldn't even reach it yesterday, what makes you think you can reach it today?"
he leaned agianst the side of the wooden surface of the wagon.

"i guess so.."
millie's brunette locked gently grazed his sleeve as the wind blew them over yonder.

"may i assist you m'lady?"
he tipped his invisible hat to her, showing respect to the young lady.